75K MR points with $10K spend

Discussion in 'American Express | Membership Rewards' started by alohastephen, Aug 8, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. alohastephen

alohastephen Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www262.americanexpress.com/landing-page/business-cards/sclp/bgold/pm0009/43211

To be eligible to receive the bonus points, you must (1) apply for the Business Gold Rewards Card from American Express OPEN using Bonus ID A2XF prior to termination of this offer, but in no event later than August 9th, 2012, and (2) charge $10,000 of eligible purchases on the Business Gold Rewards Card in the first 120 days of card membership. If you apply after August 9, 2012, we may still process your application but you will not be eligible for the 75,000 bonus points. The bonus points will be credited to your Membership Rewards® account 6 - 8 weeks after you have met the purchase requirement. Offer limited to 75,000 bonus points per card account. This is a limited time offer, which may be terminated by American Express at any time. Offer may not be combined with any other promotional offers. Eligible purchases are purchases of goods and services minus returns and other credits, and do not include fees or interest charges, cash advances, purchases of traveler's checks, purchases or reloading of reloadable pre-paid cards, or purchases of other cash equivalents. Membership Rewards program terms and conditions apply.

lotso-bear likes this.
  2. misterbwong

misterbwong Silver Member

Status Points:
    If I wasn't in line for a loan right now I'd be jumping on this. 75k on the PRG gold is the best public offer I've seen (100k targeted offers still seem to be floating around). 75k MR = 75k Avios (or more with transfer bonuses) = 3x LAX-Hawaii coach tickets.

3. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Also no annual fee for the first year.

Seeseattle and alohastephen like this.
  4. Mike_K

Mike_K Member

Status Points:
    I love Amex. I booked a round trip fare on BA points for LAX to HNL and was wondering what promo would come next that would replace those miles. Literally 5 minutes later I see the 75k offer on eBay, app, approved, get the card yesterday and then a letter from Amex today stating that they're enrolling the card in membership rewards first since I already have a Platinum.

5. daemon14

daemon14 Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's crazy how much spend requirements have changed. Our Business Gold annual fees just hit ... opened them last year, got 75K for only $2000 spend. Quickly hit that in a couple of transactions and moved them out to Continental before the partnership ended.

The good ol' days :( ....