757 seat map showing C and F

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by gobluetwo, Mar 22, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. gobluetwo
    Original Member

gobluetwo Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is pretty funny. Looking at a flight ORD-PIT next week and the seat map for the flight (on a 757, for some reason) shows Economy, Business, and First. Howeva, C and F are the same seat map in different colors (F=gold, C=grey). Exact same seats showing available. I know it's just a glitch, and an inconsequential one at that, but thought it was funny. Given the Y seat map, knew it was too good to be true! :p
    Edit: You can even see that the pictures of the lie-flat seats to the right are different!
    757 F seatmap.jpg 757 C Seat map.jpg

2. adambadam
    Original Member

adambadam Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is the flight a continuation of an international flight (flight no. 8xx or 9xx)? They will sometimes market a "C" cabin just to make the fares more simple for people continuing on from the original departure point.

3. chrislacey
    Original Member

chrislacey Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I'm thinking adambadam is right on that. I bet it is a continuation flight. I believe, and I could be wrong, that united.com would present only one cabin before. With the IT changes that have happened, and continue to happen, my guess is that the programming on the website can't figure out it's really one cabin.

For the int'l config seats that are shown on the right...this is an unfortunate 'ad campaign' gone wrong on united.com. I frequently see pictures of int'l C & F in advertisements alongside domestic seat maps. Just a weird website thing I'm afraid.

4. gobluetwo
    Original Member

gobluetwo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ah, you're right! I checked the flight number (850) and it's the same flight number as PEK-ORD. This is actually the first time I've seen this, so was a little taken aback by it. Learn somethin' new...

5. rustyr
    Original Member

rustyr Active Member

Status Points:
    It also causes trouble at times if you want to apply a confirmed upgrade instrument. If there is no NC then you have to get a agent to force it to apply to NF or call web support.