757-200 Transcon B/E bulkhead seat / bin space

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by jrp2, Aug 1, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. jrp2

jrp2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    PLUS_1 and I are in B/E from LAX-JFK this month. We are currently in seats 1A & 1B. As we are flying in from ATL, we have a tight connection of 35 min in LAX. So I assume once we land in LAX and get to our gate, boarding will have already started. My logic says, since the B/E cabin has fewer seats, compared to the other types of 757, then there should be extra space in the overhead bins and even if we are board late there should be room for our rollaboards and back packs. Is my logic flawed?

uggboy likes this.
  2. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    Say what?

You're going from LAX to JFK and are worried about a connection *at* LAX -- there's a missing piece of the puzzle here.....

and remember, Delta's schedules are padded because no one complains if a plane is early.

DTWBOB

uggboy likes this.
  3. LAXtraveler
    Original Member

LAXtraveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think he arrives from somewhere else and then connects to the LAX-JFK leg, if I am reading this correctly.

uggboy likes this.
  4. jrp2

jrp2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    We are flying in from ATL with the 35 min connection. Actually we are doing ATL-LAX-JFK-LHR-CDG-LAX-ATL. I know the schedules are padded. I just don't want to end up having to run to my gate only to have to store our luggage in economy or gate check it. I was just trying to decide if I should stay at the bulkhead or move back so we only have to store one piece of luggage in the overhead verses two if we sit at the bulkhead.

uggboy likes this.
  5. jrp2

jrp2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    you sir are correct.

uggboy likes this.
  6. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    OK, now that makes sense.....almost sounds like a MR.

Have you used flight status to check what your gates are likely to be?

DTWBOB

uggboy likes this.
  7. jrp2

jrp2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    It is sort of a mileage run. DL was running a B/E sale for ~$1800 to London. The price was about the same from LAX as it was from ATL. (LAX was actually a little cheaper). So I decided to pay a little extra to pick up all those extra MQMs. the CDG-LAX is on AF's A380 so I'm excited about that part. But we are staying in LON for like 4 or 5 days so it's not quite a mileage run. Or at least not a traditional one for me. :)

I haven't checked the gates on flight status. That's a good idea, I will do that.

uggboy likes this.