750 United Miles For Joining MyPoints

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by MLW20, May 4, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Here is an easy way to earn 750 United Miles.
    Sign up for MyPoints and keep your account active for 30 days and you qualify for the miles.
    A little about MyPoints (from their site):
    MyPoints is the pioneer and leader of online shopping rewards. Through simple online purchases from hundreds of retailers within the MyPoints network, members earn rewards Points from every transaction made. Members can redeem their Points for gift cards, travel miles or cash back. MyPoints has grown into the most established membership rewards site where online shopping and rewards incentives are synonymous with great deals and customer loyalty.
    I signed up for a MyPoints account and hope that the bonus miles post. I might look a little more into the site and see if they offer better options to some of the other shopping sites like Big Crumbs, FatWallet or the airline eShopping portals. Odds are that I will probably opt out right after I get my bonus.

(Originally posted HERE)

druiddation, FrankieC and kdw038 like this.
  2. spesalvi

spesalvi Gold Member

Status Points:
    they had the same promotion about a few months ago, I think and I still havnt recieved any miles yet

jwsky likes this.
  3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    But I sure have gotten a lot of emails from them since I signed up a few days ago.

4. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was wondering if they made good on the miles. Hopefully they post.

jwsky likes this.
  5. jwsky
    Original Member

jwsky Silver Member

Status Points:
    me too and I stayed "active" for a while before stopping all the emails and spam.

6. lusfort

lusfort Silver Member

Status Points:
    i actually received the points

7. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have been a MyPoints member since 1999. They originally gave 10 "MyPoints" for every email read. They later reduced it to 5 "MyPoints." Now, only some emails give points for reading the emails.

There are other ways to earn points. Taking advantage of the offers in the emails earns a variety of point values. Shopping through their site also earns a variety of point values. Sharing the site with friends/family, searching through the site, completing your profile... There are a few other ways that you can earn points.

When they stopped offering points for every email read, I decided to cancel my membership. The last thing I need in my inbox is more worthless content. But then they added (or I discovered?) that when I book anything through Priceline via MyPoints, I get 3 points. I book 100% of my hotels through Priceline already, so this was huge.

Currently, 5200 "MyPoints" can be exchanged for 2500 MileagePlus miles, and 10,200 "MyPoints" can be exchanged for 5000 MileagePlus miles. It doesn't take long to reach those point levels when booking lots of hotels through Priceline.

I live in San Jose, Costa Rica. My girlfriend lives in Bogota, Colombia. That's a $900+ round trip (economy) when booked as a paid ticket, but only 20,000 MileagePlus miles when booked as a reward. It's a no-brainer. Awards between these two cities - even when the miles are purchased - are the best use of miles I've ever seen. Priceline through MyPoints makes the trips virtually free.

Also worthy of mention is that the offers sent through MyPoints are occasionally (not frequently) quite good, or at least something I was going to buy anyway. Although the foundation of the program was once valuable, and the new version has devalued to the point of annoyance, the Priceline addition has made this a good proposition for those of us who already use that service to stay in better-than-my-budget-allows hotels and lower-than-advertised rental cars.

desamo and druiddation like this.
  8. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't book much through Priceline, but thanks for posting this. I'll dig through MyPoints and see if there's any cool way to earn points given my own habits.

9. FlyingBear
    Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Status Points:
  10. benlucanada

benlucanada Member

Status Points:
    i don't get the 750 miles, i got 750 mails. jesus, banned. :mad:

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  11. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I finally got the miles with an activity date back in April.

12. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    There's a reason these programs com under the SPAM group (for alternative points and miles) on TOBB.