$75 gift card promo

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by viguera, May 13, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Saw this earlier in the Newstand section...

http://milepoint.com/forums/threads...rd-for-two-night-weekend-stays-through.10738/

Seemed like a good promotion -- hey free money is always good -- until I realized how many hoops you had to jump through to get it.

You have to register for the promo and actually print a copy of your registration form. Then you need to book 2 consecutive weekend nights. Then you need to go to ihgrebate.com and fill a rebate form, and print that out as well.

And finally you need to take the registration form, the rebate form and a copy of your hotel bill and mail it out, then I guess you sit back and wait for the prepaid Mastercard to arrive.

Seems like a lot of hassle, and almost designed to encourage people NOT to go along with it. Like those mail-in rebates in stores... they're better than nothing, but most people don't bother or forget about it, so the store is happy because they don't have to pay it.

IMO it would have been much simpler if they just offered you a $75 hotel credit. Or even $50, I'm not picky. :)

Tim O'Brien and sobore like this.
  2. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, the part about “donating an internal organ of your choice” in the T &C makes me want to pass.

Tim O'Brien, torbster and Gargoyle like this.
  3. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    And I did all of this for a promo last summer for checked baggage and got the knee-jerk "something amiss with your submission" rejection letter, so I had to go through it all and resubmit. Of course, nothing was missing or wrong with my paperwork, but (IMO) it bought them another couple of weeks. Did finally get the prepaid card, though.

4. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    FYI, up to $300 back maximum per customer.

5. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah you can do it up to 4 times, but that means 2 weekend nights x 4 before 8/31. At that rate, I might as well find a cheap Starwood hotel and get a resort night per 2 night stay. Seems like a better value and I don't have to jump through hoops.

6. Andyandy
    Original Member

Andyandy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good point, that Starwood promo is nice. I'm considering taking advantage of this purely for the sake of finishing out my "Crack the Case" offer. Two 2-day stays would earn a 46K bonus + the points for the stays. Net cost, after the GC would be about $150. I'm considering it, but not sure it's worth the effort.

Andyandy

7. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just to clarify, the SPG promo requires 3 stays, not 2 nights, to earn a resort night.

8. ag51
    Original Member

ag51 Silver Member

Status Points:
    And this is for people with a US address only... (again - beginning to think IHG doesn't like us European members!)

9. icurhere2
    Original Member

icurhere2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's a lot of hoops but there are some amazingly low rates in some areas for weekend stays. The first weekend I have booked under this promotion priced out on the IHG website at $121 including tax. I can jump through an extra hoop or two for a $75 rebate on a cheap weekend I was already going to book.

TheBeerHunter and Tim O'Brien like this.
  10. jumpingfences

jumpingfences Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just wanted to let folks know that there is a pretty good rate at the Intercontinental Dallas which is very appealing with this promo for the following weekend:

Fri (7/15) - $77/nt
    Sat (7/16) - $91/nt

$168/nt + tax, Advance Purchase Required.

...and there's a 6% cashback rebate from Mr. Rebates or about $10+.

Tim O'Brien likes this.
  11. NJUPINTHEAIR
    Original Member

NJUPINTHEAIR Silver Member

Status Points:
    Except you will not get a resort night for 2 stays because it takes 3 stays to get 1 resort night!

12. NJUPINTHEAIR
    Original Member

NJUPINTHEAIR Silver Member

Status Points:
    Having read the rules of this promotion, I don't see why the B1G1 Free weekend night promotion in Europe would not qualify for the gift card. Others have reported that they have received full credit for such bookings.

13. Million Mile Secrets

Million Mile Secrets Silver Member

Status Points:
    It is intentionally designed to be this difficult so that a certain percentage of people will NOT complete the requirements and will so not get the rebate.

If they really wanted to make it easy, they would just give you a $75 coupon to be used when you made your reservation!

14. icurhere2
    Original Member

icurhere2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just received my first confirmation e-mail that my submission was valid, using the Entertainment.com rate and connecting to the IHG website through Upromise.com. This was the rate mentioned above, $121 inclusive for two nights. I'm staying at the same hotel again this weekend on the same rate ;)

Tim O'Brien likes this.