75,000 Silver Status Hilton

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by satman40, Aug 15, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Through September 30, 2015, you can earn 75,000 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points when you open a Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature Card and spend $2,000 within the first three months. This card has no annual fee, and offers silver elite status for as long as you’re a card member. It typically offers a bonus of just 40,000 points, so now is a good time to apply if you’re looking to boost you Hilton account

Read more: http://thepointsguy.com/2015/08/august-15-saturday-recap/#ixzz3itcLmcpV

Looks like a Great Deal, from the cheap seats.

vickers, Kalboz, uggboy and 2 others like this.
  2. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    After I finally got rid of the HHonors Citi Reserve visa card for repeatedly failing to award me the promised 10 points/$ for spend on stays at Hilton properties, I decided to go for this no-fee HHonors Citi visa when they offered it in early July with 50K points as sign up bonus, a $50 statement credit after the first stay at a Hilton property paid for with the card, and 10K bonus points if I spent just $1,000 on the card each year. About a week later, this 75K sign up bonus offer you just mentioned came out! Because I had not yet spent a penny on the card, I called Citi CS to request to be upgraded to the 75K offer. The CSR took my request and said that they would communicate their decision to me by snail mail within 10 days. I never heard back from them, so I went ahead and met the minimum requirement. In retrospect, the 50K offer was not too bad, with the lower minimum spend, the $50 statement bonus, which I already got, and the 10K bonus points for spending $1,000/yr, which I will get.

The only advantage that the Citi Reserve visa that I got rid of has over this no-fee Citi HH card is that the former awards Gold status rather than Silver. However, I am already guaranteed the Gold status through the HH AMEX Surpass. Another marginal advantage of the Citi Reserve over the NF card is 10points/$ vs. 6 points/$, for which one again does better with the HH AMEX's 12points/$. The biggest difference so far is that, unlike the Citi Reserve, the NF Citi HH card has awarded me every bonus point they promised without my having to intervene...

satman40 and uggboy like this.
  3. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would call back, and talk with a different CSR.

Not all CSRs are the same...

I was given the points with the Reserve Card. Last year.

I did not get my AA Platimun 50,000 Points yet, they said it would take 2 cycles, but did show up on the Citi Statment , not in my AA account yet..

Good Lunk..

4. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's too late and probably not even worth calling and I am cool with that. I collected the 50K sign up bonus points and got the $50 statement credit + points from the revenue stay x 4 (double your honors promo + double points booking option).

Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
    satman40 likes this.
  5. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    My problem with The Hotels, is we receive Convention Rates, so no stay points, buy we pay with the card and they do recognize the status, and they do give upgrades,

The Hotel cards are Great, without FTU, and too many hours in the boards I have never been aware if the perks..

NYCUA1K likes this.
  6. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    Silver status is worthless compared to Gold which you can get by getting a different Hilton card.

DTWBOB

satman40 likes this.
  7. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Why not get both Hilton Cards,

AA uses Citi, and Amex also..and the Avator Card..

Tons if easy points out there,,

8. dayone
    Original Member

dayone Silver Member

Status Points:
    Value this offer for its points bonus, not Silver status. If choosing a card for HH elite benefits, chose Reserve or Surpass to gain Gold status.

satman40 and Counsellor like this.
  9. hank540i

hank540i Active Member

Status Points:
    Yup, just got in on this 75k offer after getting the Amex surpass at the beginning of the month. Will circle back in 6 months for the Reserve and maybe the Amex as well.

10. SgtPeppers
    Original Member

SgtPeppers Silver Member

Status Points:
    AmEx doesn't have as many travel partners.(or am I looking something wrong?) Those who loved OneWorld in US, do you just use this to get avios and then book from BA?
    Can some one share why go with AmEx points?

Neel