747 F Award Availability

Discussion in 'Miles & More | Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian/Partners' started by kilton, Jul 25, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. kilton

kilton Member

Status Points:
    One of Gary's recent blog posts states that 747 F awards are generally available. He mentions IAD<->FRA specifically. I can't seem to find any F availability for this flight, even looking out to next summer.

Is anyone seeing anything? I'm using CO's booking tool.

Thanks!

2. LAXtraveler
    Original Member

LAXtraveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to MP!

Maybe try using the ANA booking tool. It tends to be more comprehensive.

3. kilton

kilton Member

Status Points:
    No luck there either. :) Same results as CO -- can't find a single day of availability. (I'm particularly looking at the IAD->FRA direction.)

4. Rambuster
    Original Member

Rambuster Silver Member

Status Points:
    Every since the 747 went from 16 to 8 seats it is becoming increasingly difficult to grap award inventory.
    I have resorted to desperate measures an changed most of my D class tickets to revenue F class ... :eek:

TRAVELSIG likes this.
  5. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    'desperate times call for desperate measures'

Rambuster likes this.
  6. BurBunny
    Original Member

BurBunny Silver Member

Status Points:
    Funny, I've been finding it fairly easily recently. Just changed a FRA-IAD F ticket yesterday to a FRA-DEN F when space opened up. This is for November travel. Can't speak to the reverse, but in checking several dates before I booked, F wasn't too much of a problem.

7. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've had no problem booking F awards on LH flights later this fall and into March/April of next year between US gateways and both FRA and MUC. Awards to/from FRA are getting a bit scarcer because of those routes where A380s are being seasonally run but there are still plenty of A330 and B744 routes. Consider gateways like non-STAR hubs DTW, ATL, MIA and BOS. On the west coast consider YVR or YYC, even SEA.