747-400 Y seating - exit row and personal IFE

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by travelinmike33, May 17, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. travelinmike33
    Original Member

travelinmike33 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Two questions:
    1. What are the qualifications for sitting in exit row 35? I get the popup for the security questions, answer correctly, and then get the "We were unable to assign seats to one or more passengers" message. I'm assuming it's because we don't qualify (I'm FO and wife is general member), though a technical glitch is always a strong possibility.
    2. As I understand it, these aircraft currently have overhead video, but per seatguru, the fleet is being upgraded to personal screens by 2012. What are the chances a July 10 flight NRT-DTW would already have the update?
    TIA!

2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    1. See the "we are unable to assign.." thread here in the DL forum. Have you tried calling DL for seats?

2. Very slim.

3. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    When I called DL about the seating issue late last week, they said dl.com was having problems (DUH!) and to just call to make any adjustments.

4. travelinmike33
    Original Member

travelinmike33 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. I meant to add that I planned to call when I got away from work. No hold time and she swapped the seats in under a minute. :)

I'm not sure the last time I was on a flight with overhead video. I might have to read a book or something...:eek:

5. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was on the 76G and 763 with overhead tv screens this past week for the first time in quite a while. It was not horrible, but I realized DID NOT miss them and that I do like having choices! If you bring your own headphones, you may need the 2-prong adapter - they come with the headphones DL gives out.