74% of Mobile Bookings are for Same-Day Check-in

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by Mike Reed, Oct 29, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    "The travel expert found that a whopping 60 percent of mobile bookings from the first half of 2013 were made for same-day check-in, while 68 percent of bookings were made within two days of check-in."

"The majority of rooms, 70 percent, were booked for one-night stays, while 89 percent of rooms were booked for two-night or one-night stays."

Source.

sobore likes this.
  2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    This seems to be a statement about hotel bookings only, not including flights.

3. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    Correct.

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Did I miss some crazy math where 60=74 now??

I'm not all that surprised by the number. It definitely holds for me. Further out I'll use a full-sized screen to compare more details. Day-of bookings (on one right now for 2 nights) are more about price and location which the mobile does pretty well.

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  5. moongoddess

moongoddess Silver Member

Status Points:
    Can't say I'm surprised by this result either. I know the only time I'd be using my smartphone to book a hotel room would be in the event of something going majorly afoul with my travel plans, when I'm unexpectedly stuck at an airport and need an emergency place to stay. The rest of the time I'd prefer to work on a bigger screen (and with more opportunities to check out options than most apps allow).