70% of Consumers Worry About Loyalty Program Privacy

Discussion in 'Other Loyalty Programs' started by sobore, Mar 12, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.marketingpilgrim.com/2013/03/70-of-consumers-worry-about-loyalty-program-privacy.html

I’m a big fan of loyalty programs. I appreciate it when a company offers me a perk for being a good customer. And in return, I buy from them again and again. Loyalty programs dictate where I buy my groceries, where I shop online and where I eat when I’m out and about.

Over the past years, I’ve increased my loyalty program usage for one big reason – advances in technology. I no longer have to dig that ratty, cardboard punch card out of my wallet when I shop. Businesses now use my phone number to keep track of my purchases and they automatically reward me when I reach each level.

Really, it’s like finding money on the ground.

The downside to this technological advance, is having to give a business my phone number and / or email address. And according to a new report from Technomic, that’s a big concern with 70% of the people they surveyed saying “they would be more inclined to sign up for a rewards program if they could be guaranteed that the restaurant would not pass along their information.”

Read More: http://www.marketingpilgrim.com/2013/03/70-of-consumers-worry-about-loyalty-program-privacy.html

uggboy likes this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Indeed, one BIG worry.

sobore likes this.
  3. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Reading the long boring T&C's of your rewards may be a smart move. Who knows what they do with your personal information.

uggboy likes this.
  4. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Indeed, a smart move, but some T&C's a little too long and are a little too complicated. I hope that simple, customer / guest driven rules will prevail in the long run.