70,000 point Marriott Targeted Offer

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by Mikus33, Mar 27, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Mikus33

Mikus33 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Did anyone else get a 70,000 pt after first purchase targeted offer? This was right before I received my free upgrade to Gold that others have been getting.

This seems like the best Marriott offer I'll see. If only I didn't have so many Chase cards already. I'll probably go for it close to the April 30th deadline as I was just approved for the personal and Business Southwest Cards.

Kalboz, jrp2, ckwill and 3 others like this.
  2. jmrich1432
    Original Member

jmrich1432 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I received this offer in the mail a few weeks ago. I can't remember exactly when it expires, sometime in April. Looks like a great Marriott offer, but I have 3 Chase cards already. Trying to decide it it's worth pushing for the 4th?? I could definitely give up one of them for it, just don't want a flat-out denial.

Kalboz and uggboy like this.
  3. ckwill
    Original Member

ckwill Silver Member

Status Points:
    You should be fine with four. I've applied for and received five Chase cards since April of last year. I haven't had to close or transfer credit lines on any of them (though I was prepared to give up my BA card since I don't want to pay the annual fee on that one when it comes due in May). The fifth one was approved without any negotiation a few days after I applied.

Kalboz, uggboy and jmrich1432 like this.
  4. jmrich1432
    Original Member

jmrich1432 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the update. I have 2 that I'm prepared to close, one of which I probably will close eventually, but I didn't know the best way to handle it.

I definitely am thinking this card and the Hilton Amex for my next round!

5. SDFlyer

SDFlyer Active Member

Status Points:

Mighty also look at the BoA Virgin Atlantic card for Hilton points. They convert 1-2 to Hilton for the same hard pull. 100k HH points, although you will not get any status with Hilton or access the Axon award chart.

Kalboz, uggboy and jmrich1432 like this.
  6. jmrich1432
    Original Member

jmrich1432 Silver Member

Status Points:
    That's a great one as well! I had actually forgotten about that. I'm a diamond with Hilton (and I should stay here for a few more years), I was more trying to load up on points for future vacations. I don't think 3 cards will be too much for this application.

Any other thoughts?? I love MP! Thanks for all the advice!

7. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Mikus33 and jmrich1432 like this.