7 things you may not know about Alaska Airlines

Discussion in 'Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan' started by sobore, Sep 24, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.kcaw.org/2013/09/22/seven-things-you-may-not-know-about-our-states-namesake-airline/

If you’re an average Alaskan, odds are you fly the SeaTac-based company’s jets from time to time. (Yes, SeaTac is the name of a city, not just an airport.)

Maybe you’ve memorized your town’s flight schedule. But did you know all this?:

1) Two-thirds of Alaskans belong to the Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan.

2) We earned 530 million miles this summer during a double-mileage promotion, the equivalent of 21,000 roundtrip saver tickets.

3) Half of us are members of the airline’s Club 49 plan, which offers additional discounts, including checked-luggage deals, for Alaskans.

Read More: http://www.kcaw.org/2013/09/22/seven-things-you-may-not-know-about-our-states-namesake-airline/

uggboy likes this.
  2. jonspencer

jonspencer Silver Member

Status Points:
    the 8th thing

when lowly non-Alaskans pay for Business Class upgrade, they are not granted access to the Lounge :mad:

kyunbit and iolaire like this.
  3. CDKing
    Original Member

CDKing Gold Member

Status Points:
    What US based airline gives free lounge access to upgraders?
    What US based airline offers free lounge access on paid domestic first class ticket on a 600 mile flight?

KENNECTED likes this.
  4. jonspencer

jonspencer Silver Member

Status Points:
    silly me, had I known I was only buying a seat that reclined 3 inches rather than the standard one inch, I would have saved my money. When I think of airlines = Emirates, Singapore, Qatar Airways...........

5. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    I wonder why they didn't list code shares --- or did they expect the people reading the article to know or even understand the concept

DTWBOB

6. CDKing
    Original Member

CDKing Gold Member

Status Points:
    I dont know about you but i dont spend money unless I know exactly what i'm getting. By all means use Emirates, Singapoe & Qatar to get around inside the US. Why you are trying to compare giant international preimium carriers to a small domestic carrier is beyond me. Considering the ratio of J price to Y on AS vs EK, its impossible to compare the 2

OverThereTooMuch likes this.
  7. kyunbit
    Original Member

kyunbit Silver Member

Status Points:
    even Emirates J is nothing spectacular on short hauls :) and Y is pathetic on even medium hauls to not so popular destinations

jonspencer and CDKing like this.
  8. jonspencer

jonspencer Silver Member

Status Points:
    agree 100% on Emirates comment, for example when you get remote boarding etc on some of these Africa flights or their 3-4-3 seating in Economy but their lounges are quite decent and when you upgrade you get everything except the chauffeur drive service.

My Alaskan flight was LAX to MEX after a 17 hour Dubai - LAX flight and I have no clue about USA airline policies