7 Thanksgiving Races To Consider

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Nov 13, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Thanksgiving is just a couple of weeks away! It is definitely one of my favorite holidays – hard to pick out the exact reasons. It is probably a combination of the traditional dinner, the fact that just about all stores are closed (well, not quite anymore), looking through Black Friday circulars, the cool weather, and of course, the Thanksgiving 10K! My second race ever was a 10K race on Thanksgiving and I did the same race every year for 5 years in a row. Thanksgiving races are excellent! It is a great way to get out on the abnormally quiet roads and really just get into the festive spirit. We never really knew what the weather would bring us but that was just one more enjoyable thing about the race! I have many great memories from that race and look forward to running it again sometime! Many towns and cities across the country have Thanksgiving day races – commonly called Turkey Trots. These races are for many distances, but mostly 5Ks, 5 milers,... The post 7 Thanksgiving Races To Consider appeared first on Running with Miles.

Continue reading...