7 first class passengers give seats to marines returning from Afghanistan

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by estnet, Nov 6, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    LETTERBOY, boondr, Bralo20 and 12 others like this.
  2. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Way to go AA and the first class pax. :)

3. ChrisUNC

ChrisUNC Silver Member

Status Points:
    Very touching!

LETTERBOY and Newscience like this.
  4. IberianNomad

IberianNomad Silver Member

Status Points:
    Very nice :)

Semper Fidelis!

5. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    I recall a few years ago (from my coach class seat on a UA flight) offering to buy the paid drinks for all (returning from overseas) military service members on a flight (from DEN to IAD, if I recall correctly). I learned that I was joined by 5 or 6 other coach passengers who made the same offer.

As far as I know, only AA has an automatic upgrade to fc/bc (if available) for uniformed military personnel travelling in coach seating. I'll gladly be corrected if others know about other similar airline policies.

estnet likes this.
  6. Seat6A

Seat6A Silver Member

Status Points:
    wow, very good work

7. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    two things of note -
    happened to glance at TOBB at a similar thread which has 5k views! - with tons of off topic and inappropriate comments - reminds me of why I mostly never look at it ;)
    A while back I happened to see a female in uniform at the gate and asked the lead FA on board if I could give her my F seat when she boarded - they said yes, the young woman looked a bit confused, and as I was going back a couple of the other F passengers noted what had happened and thanked me as I went by their seats (hope that some of them thought about doing something similar if the opportunity arose on another flight :D)

LETTERBOY, boondr and Newscience like this.
  8. boondr

boondr Gold Member

Status Points:
    I love this.

Selfishly I wish it was the same when I served, although I did get my breakfast paid for once which was really cool at the time (19 yrs old and making almost nothing).

LETTERBOY and estnet like this.
  9. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    Tangentially, I had my dinner paid for tonight. I'm not military, I'm a paramedic. Identified as such and intervened when someone waiting on their table in a restaurant foyer fainted. Didn't hurt that I did so from a wheelchair with a broken leg. I found out when the waiter brought the check and there was a $10 bill attached and he told us why. No clue which bystander did it.

I've also surreptitiously paid for public safety folks meals at times, and a recent undercover boss episode showed an undercover CEO chomping a group of soldiers frozen yogurt at one of his stores.

boondr and LETTERBOY like this.