$69 prepaid rates Hyatt Regency Bethesda

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by tom911, Jul 7, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I can't recall ever booking a Hyatt property in Metro DC for a rate this low. I checked some weekend dates in August as well as Labor Day weekend. Lowest rates at other properties I would normally stay at are $84 and up. I've booked two nights.

flacey8 and HaveMilesWillTravel like this.
  2. chitownflyer
    Original Member

chitownflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is a good find Tom. Now if there would only be a FFN promo currently running. Maybe by the fall?

3. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'd be doing this even without FFN, but can easily return in the fall to rack up more nights if it comes back. I have a $240+ airfare on AA SFO-DCA which is the best I've seen since early in the year. I usually do a couple trips a year towards my 100K, but the airfares haven't made it worthwhile this year. The AA gift cards at Costco helped to bring that fare down 10%.

4. flacey8
    Original Member

flacey8 Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is a great rate! now just waiting for some reasonable/mileage-runnable fare. can you please keep me posted ;-) i want to do a mini-vacation w/ the wife to DC. Thanks!

5. thegrailer
    Original Member

thegrailer Silver Member

Status Points:
    The rates for Hyatts out near Dulles can be found in this range although they have been running a bit higher lately. Eg. Hyatt Place Dulles South $62 pre paid and $62.10 AAA for Sat. 7-16.

flacey - not all that close to DC itself

6. icurhere2
    Original Member

icurhere2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    At the end of the year, many of the Hyatts have offered rates at sub-$50 a night. The hotel in question is outside D.C. in Maryland but it is on a mass-transit line. For someone who flew into DCA, this would be a haul and require changing trains. Given the time or the need for alternative transportation, I would just pick up a Hyatt stay much more proximal to the airport.

7. thegrailer
    Original Member

thegrailer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've looked at the Hyatts near DCA and they never are cheap. Have you seen them at a decent rate?

And I am always checking out by Dulles for cheap point making/ffn type of nights. Which one(s) have had the sub 50 rates?

The Hyatt Place East used to have deals where you could get dinners and drinks or movie passes or roses or whatever all in the $60 range. Those were a great deals [especially since the roses never appeared and I got a ton of points instead]

Cheers -