65 vs 91 days

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by ilovskins12, Feb 26, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. ilovskins12

ilovskins12 Active Member

Status Points:
    Hi All,

I'm fairly new to all of this an was wondering what peoples thoughts were about waiting 65 v 91 days between applications. In my situation I am looking to do my first App-o-rama, but applied for and received two chase cards (explorer and sapphire preferred) on Jan 1st. Other than those two I only applied for one other credit card in the last year. In my situation, I'd like to push it up because I just got a targeted offer for a 75k AMEX premier rewards gold after only 1k in spend in 3 months and don't want to miss out on this. I do plan on getting onto the 3 month cycle after this first app-o-rama what would like to know peoples thoughts on moving this first one up. Thanks.

2. LizzyDragon84
    Original Member

LizzyDragon84 Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you have good credit, you shouldn't have too much trouble getting the AMEX card. Just be sure you can meet the spend requirements on all the cards.

3. ilovskins12

ilovskins12 Active Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, and you don't think i'll have a problem getting a few others at the same time right?

4. LizzyDragon84
    Original Member

LizzyDragon84 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Probably not since you're new to the churning game. I would give Chase a break for a little bit since you've got two cards from them recently.

traveler likes this.
  5. Extra Pack of Peanuts

Extra Pack of Peanuts Silver Member

Status Points:

You should be fine with the Amex. What other cards were you considering throwing in the App-o-rama? I'd also suggest cooling it with Chase for a bit. Getting 2 personals at the same time is pretty lucky, so I'd definitely not throw a Chase personal in this app-o-rama.

traveler likes this.