65 minutes to transfer in AMS

Discussion in 'Flying Blue | Air France, KLM/Partners' started by georockc, Feb 24, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. georockc

georockc Silver Member

Status Points:
    I recently booked a trip from YYC-AMS-PRG for this fall on KLM. I've realized afterwords that on my return, I only have 65 minutes to transfer from an Inter-European flight to an International flight at Schipol. Any feedback if this is connection is doable? A missed connection would probably mean spending the night or bouncing around to get a flight to Calgary.

uggboy likes this.
  2. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    No problem assuming flights are on time. Warning though, security is at each gate. They have a lane for schengen/non schengen passport control specifically for short connections.

georockc, viguera and uggboy like this.
  3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Security at the specific gate can be somewhat of an advantage in the GAs can see if there are still people in line.

IME there are always separate lines for gate security for SkyPriority people. So status or premium cabin seats mean that you don't wait in line much.

georockc likes this.
  4. SmooveG

SmooveG Silver Member

Status Points:
    Inter-European flights with KLM are usually on time or even ahead of scedual in my experience. Good chance of having 75 minutes for your transfer.
    How long the transfer will take is hard to say. Distance to the gate, SkyPriority or not, time of arrival is also a factor for the security check/passport control being crowded or not. In my experience an hour should be enough. Goodluck :cool:

georockc likes this.
  5. georockc

georockc Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for all the feedback. I'll keep my flights as they are and take ky chances. If I get a jog through the airport, it'll be good exercise before sitting for 8 hours. ;)

SmooveG likes this.
  6. Shirlzz

Shirlzz Member

Status Points:
    I go through Schipol almost every week. If you are organised, have your liquids in a clear bag. Your boarding card shows sky priority, which is access to special boarding line. Passport control is in two forms: priority for boarding flights and sky priority for members and business class. It will be tight, but i think you can do it.

WALK FAST!! Its a walk between the EU gates.

georockc likes this.
  7. georockc

georockc Silver Member

Status Points:
    Doubt that I'll have sky priority, as I have no status and booked on a dirt cheap sale fare. Guess I'll be getting my exercise, and speedwalking through the airport.

8. SmooveG

SmooveG Silver Member

Status Points:
    In case time gets tight, just walk the nearest gate where someone is sitting and they'll give your gate a call so they know you are on your way. Just say you don't know your way around and they might even assist you getting there faster with one of their golfcar like rides they got there :D

georockc likes this.
  9. georockc

georockc Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the tip! That's a great idea if time gets tight.