60K AA Miles Citibank Executive MC

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by Kalboz, Oct 14, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
    Newscience, Flying Bat, MX and 2 others like this.
  2. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Useful, yes for those who want or can use the AC membership or need/ want the qualifying miles.
    The $450.00 annual fee for 60K miles will most certainly weed out the bottom-feeding uber churners.:)

Flying Bat, jbcarioca and Kalboz like this.
  3. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have had this card for some time. It is worth it to me for the benefits, but I only use it for AA, and not too much else.

The requirements appear to be faily flexible but are not opening disclosed anywhere AFAIK. I suspect that if you've a decent relationship with CitiCards already you'll not have too much problem. FWIW, they've become much more conservative in credit line assignment than they were before the Basel II/III inclusion of unused credit liens in capital requirement calculation.

LETTERBOY and Kalboz like this.
  4. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    I had no issues getting this card, same as all the other Citi cards I applied for over the years. I didn't get a 60K sign-up bonus, that's nice!

As jbcarioco says, I use this card essentially for AA purchases, plus enough extra to get me to $40k in spend to get the 10K EQMs. For the EQMs and Admirals Club membership, it's definitely worth the annual fee to me.

5. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:

Flying Bat and jbcarioca like this.
  6. bhamsan01

bhamsan01 Active Member

Status Points:
    There's rumors going around that Admirals Club membership will be eliminated as a benefit for holding an Amex Platinum card, so this would be a very good card to have for AC membership (in addition to the 60k AA miles). I especially like that you can access AC without having an AA ticket, unlike with the Amex Plat.

I was approved for one last Friday, and currently have in my wallet the AA Plat MC (from 2004) and AA Select Amex (from Dec 2012), so having other personal AA cards shouldn't be an issue.

Kalboz likes this.
  7. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    Looks like the rumors of loss of Admirals Club access for Amex PLT cardholders is unfounded.

http://boardingarea.com/viewfromthe...sing-american-airlines-lounge-access-benefit/

jbcarioca, Kalboz and LETTERBOY like this.
  8. Flying Bat

Flying Bat Silver Member

Status Points:
    That's a great card for 60k AA

jbcarioca and Kalboz like this.
  9. theBOAT
    Original Member

theBOAT Silver Member

Status Points:
    Espan, jbcarioca and Kalboz like this.
  10. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    tondoleo, jbcarioca and theBOAT like this.
  11. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    Yeah, I was finally starting to think I might have to break down and get an AMEX Plat card. It ultimately still may be worth it for access to the Centurion lounges but this certainly changes the landscape.

jbcarioca and theBOAT like this.
  12. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    This card just got better ... many bloggers are reporting improved sign up bonus: 75,000 American Miles, up to $100 Statement Credit, & Lounge Access For $450

daninstl likes this.
  13. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Kalboz likes this.
  14. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    daninstl and Espan like this.
  15. Espan

Espan Silver Member

Status Points:
    had been sitting on sidelines and this will most likely push me to finally act...

Kalboz likes this.
  16. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    TPG just reported about the availabiliy of the 100K version of this card! http://thepointsguy.com/2014/01/ama...ge-world-mastercard-bonus-up-to-100000-miles/
    Read more: http://thepointsguy.com/2014/01/ama...rcard-bonus-up-to-100000-miles/#ixzz2riXzD59k
    Follow us: @thepointsguy on Twitter | thepointsguy on Facebook
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
    merice107 and Espan like this.
  17. mo26

mo26 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just called in and asked to be matched (having applied a couple of weeks ago under the 60k offer).

Apparently cb needs to send it to another department, so i'll have to wait for a letter.

-MO

Kalboz likes this.
  18. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Comment from Zach B in the TPG's article states:
    YMMV, so hopefully your method would work ... keep us posted!

mo26, jbcarioca and Espan like this.
  19. Espan

Espan Silver Member

Status Points:
    Trigger pulled. Applied and approved, w/ call back to CSR. 100K miles after $10K spend in 3 months, all the other details same as stated.

jbcarioca and Kalboz like this.
  20. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Congrats :) ... too bad my App-O-Rama is in March, hoping the offer will be available then!

2014 seems to be great so far ...

Espan likes this.
  21. TUMD

TUMD Silver Member

Status Points:
    Applied for AA Exec 3 months ago when it was 60K. Called today and asked if they could make up the difference. They said due to my spending they could offer me 20K more miles! I spent about $15K on it mostly in VRs in the last 3-4 months. It is certainly worth a call!

mo26, jbcarioca and Kalboz like this.
  22. gmarchetti

gmarchetti Silver Member

Status Points:
    My last application round was about 2 months ago. I have no citi cards. Should I apply now lest the offer disappears or should I wait, given the short time past?

Kalboz and jbcarioca like this.
  23. gconnery

gconnery Silver Member

Status Points:
    Look, I don't know diddly. But if I was a betting man, I'd guess this won't be around long. Most of the 100K type offers have only been around for a few days to a couple of weeks. But obviously there is a huge shift going on with the loss of Admiral's Club memberships by American Express Platinum and maybe its different this time. Maybe.

I would bet that Amex Platinum will see a big bonus some time in the near future in response. Unless they've got some significant new features to add in the very near term, that would be the most likely response. Personally I'll take my $200 in $50 Gift Cards and cancel my Platinum as soon as possible now that I've got AC through this card instead. But I'll have to wait at least a year for a Platinum bonus.

LETTERBOY, Kalboz and jbcarioca like this.
  24. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    It depends on how many inquires you have on your credit report in the past six months. If your score is 750 or better and you have less than 6 inquiries in the past 6 month, you should be fine ... and as @gconnery stated above, this might not last very long!

25. jetsetr
    Original Member

jetsetr Gold Member

Status Points:
    If anyone needs a referral code / airport location for the application, here's one from my friend who's an AAngel in the SFO Admiral's Club:

581482 / SFO

And from my friend: "Make sure they know that if they have a Citi card, DO NOT upgrade existing card. Open new card then transfer from old card. If they Upgrade existing card they do NOT get the bonus miles. Must be for a new card, but they can cancel old card AFTER applying for new card."

I just applied and was approved for the 100k offer yesterday. Pretty awesome value, IMHO!

ETA: Not sure if using the referral code helps avoid having to speak with a CSR, but at least in my case, and in one other's case, it seemed to help. Obviously, many factors go into credit approval, so YMMV.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
    Kalboz, gconnery and iolaire like this.