60 Million Mile Giveaway from Spirit

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | North America' started by flyingdawg, Sep 17, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Spirit will be giving away 60 million Free Spirit Miles to celebrate its launch of service from IAH.

Certificates are available on a first come / first take basis at the following locations:
    • Sept. 18 5 p.m. at Travel Leaders, 1085 Hercules St., Houston
    • Sept. 19 noon at Krisbi Travel, 7457 Harwin Drive, Houston
    • Sept. 19 5 p.m. at Fox Travel, 25701 I-45 North, The Woodlands

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/morning_call/2012/09/spirit-airlines-to-give-away-60m.html

uggboy, viguera and sobore like this.
  2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Houston, you have a problem. :D

viguera likes this.
  3. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think if Spirit gave me 60 million miles, I might actually fly with them again. Assuming of course it's during their ridiculous "Standard" period and at least 180 days out, which is when you can actually fly without paying an award redemption fee.

Even then, considering that I'd still have to pay taxes, bag fees and everything else, I might try to peddle those miles at the airport for ketchup packets or something.

But considering that they're giving away 20k mile certs instead, I would suppose most people here would lack the motivation to attend. :)

IkeEsq and flyingdawg like this.
  4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Do they have last seat awards? If so, I'd buy three awards for each flight so I would get a row to myself and be able to sit sideways.

IkeEsq likes this.
  5. IkeEsq

IkeEsq Gold Member

Status Points:
    I read that as "60 Million Mile Giveaway from Sprint" and was really confused.

So why don't they give any of these miles away at any of the airport to which they are flying from IAH? Or are all the flights one-way and they return empty planes to IAH? :rolleyes: