60,000 Miles Citi AAdvantage Amex, Visa and Business Visa

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by garyst16, May 19, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Received this offer today as well!

As a cardmember, you'll benefit from:
    • 30,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after $1,000 in purchases within the first 4 months of cardmembership1
    • Plus, earn an additional 5,000 bonus miles with every $5,000 in purchases within the first 24 months of cardmembership (up to a maximum of 30,000 bonus miles)1
    • Earn one AAdvantage® mile for every dollar spent on purchases3
    • $0 annual fee for the first 12 months, then $85 ($75 for the
      CitiBusiness
      ® / AAdvantage® Visa® card) per year thereafter*
    • No blackout dates on award travel on American Airlines, American Eagle and the AmericanConnection® carrier4
    • AAdvantage® miles may never expire5
    CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® cardmembers will also get the tools needed to manage a small business:
    • Access to a CitiBusiness 24-hour Personal Business Assistant to help with travel, hotel and dining arrangements and more
    Earn AAdvantage® miles from purchases made on your employee accounts6 — plus, set the credit limit by employee

Link for Personal Visa: https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq...ZMFZZZW&langId=EN&siteId=CB&B=S&screenID=3001

Link for AMEX: https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq...ZMFZZZW&langId=EN&siteId=CB&B=X&screenID=3033

Link for Business Visa: https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq...MFZZZW&langId=EN&siteId=BAO&B=V&screenID=3006

2. penumpang
    Original Member

penumpang Gold Member

Status Points:
    I haven't been able to get Citi cards due to its first time customers only requirement. But, the T&C for these offers state "This offer is only valid for new accounts." Does this mean previous cardholders would qualify?

jbcarioca likes this.
  3. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't know, but I applied and I was a former Citi cardholder although I had closed my last account some years ago. I was approved.

penumpang likes this.
  4. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    From time to time, Citi does do promos like this which are open to current cardholders. They did an offer like this a few months ago, but I think it was for only 20,000 miles.

penumpang, garyst16 and jbcarioca like this.
  5. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    After 2-years period since your last card, Citibank will consider you as a first time applicant.

Henry, sobore and jbcarioca like this.
  6. ducster
    Original Member

ducster Gold Member

Status Points:
    Do you know if Chase does the same?

jbcarioca likes this.
  7. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    No clue about chase ... ingy is an expert on Chase ... shoot him an email!

jbcarioca likes this.
  8. stan
    Original Member

stan Silver Member

Status Points:
    :)THANKS FOR THE INFO

The Citi /Amx under T/C link does not say anything about offer of miles and appears to be o.k for people who have or had card as does not same anything about current Citi advantage member
    Do you have a promo code?????
    • 30,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after $1,000 in purchases within the first 4 months of cardmembership1
    • Plus, earn an additional 5,000 bonus miles with every $5,000 in purchases within the first 24 months of
    • cardmembership (up to a maximum of 30,000 bonus miles)1
    • Earn one AAdvantage® mile for every dollar spent on purchases3
    • $0 annual fee for the first 12 months, then $85 ($75 for the
    Do you have a promo code

jbcarioca likes this.
  9. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    True - I am a current Citi card holder and received 2 offers this week.

jbcarioca likes this.
  10. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Remember, just because you received a solicitation it does not mean they will approve you as a "new" customer.

2soonold and jbcarioca like this.
  11. stan
    Original Member

stan Silver Member

Status Points:
    I called Citi today read them the T/C ,they told me -- they do not know if can get card if --had or have a AAdvantage card ---only way to tell is apply @#%&^*@ SOUNDS NUTS TO ME --FYI-- they "first " pull a credit report after the look at details of application

jbcarioca likes this.
  12. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    I received this offer also .... and I can almost bet that the language below applies here:

YMMV!

jbcarioca likes this.
  13. CubsGirl
    Original Member

CubsGirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am a current card member (master card and 2 biz cards). Didn't get the offer. Have been striking out with the "first time card member" denials since Dec of 2009. (Did get through with a biz app for 100K last summer). Decided to give this one a try anyhow, and it worked!

Didn't get instant approval, but got the code/phone number and was approved on the phone. 30K miles plus bonus for spend, as described above, was confirmed in approval call.

Clearly, this is not as great as some of the other offers out there, but it's a good way to get 2 AA miles per dollar spend, which is useful.

Thanks, OP!

14. stan
    Original Member

stan Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the info , I will try next week as I just got a BA card and Monday will be 31 days --- I hear that best to wait 30 days b4 trying 2nd card from Chase , plus now have 4 Chase cards, hope that will not be a problem -- any truth to wait 30 days ?

jbcarioca likes this.
  15. CubsGirl
    Original Member

CubsGirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    I always thought the window between Chase cards was a bit longer, but I don't think that comes into play here. Since this is issued by Citi, unless you have a crazy amount of pulls, I don't think Citi will care much about your recent Chase card.

Good luck

jbcarioca likes this.
  16. stan
    Original Member

stan Silver Member

Status Points:
    UR RT:) CHASE is BA NOT CITI HAVE TO LAY OFF OUZO WITH DINNER OR CUT BACK lol!

17. stan
    Original Member

stan Silver Member

Status Points:
    I LIVE IN EUROPE MOST OF THE YEAR HAVE MY PERMANENT ADDRESS IN STATES. WHEN I ORDER "NEW" CREDIT CARDS ,AT TIMES I HAVE A PROBLEM,AS BANKS SEND THE CARDS TO STATES ADDRESS, I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH CHASE AS AFTER APPROVED I CAN CHANGE THE SHIP TO OVERSEAS ADDRESS BY CALLING THEM --- I TRIED TO DO SAME WITH CITI BANK -- THEY SAY WILL "ONLY" SEND TO STATES ADDRESS --ANYONE HAVE THIS PROBLEM AND SOLVED IT?

18. jeff4jojo
    Original Member

jeff4jojo Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would like to thank you very much for these links. I tried to use all three. Immediately approved for two of the three, and will likely get the business card after they review it in the office. If not, I will call them up, have my credit reduced on the two they give me and hopefully they will open the third one. That will add a minimum of 90,000 miles to my AA balance and drive me up to over 400,000 miles in that AA account. Pretty cool and looking like a 1st class trip for the wife and I to Asia on Cathy next year. Your links work just great.

19. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    The older offers of 75k and 100k actually still work, even if they say they're expired, everyone that has posted on my blog who has continued to use them report receiving the offer.

20. 2soonold
    Original Member

2soonold Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes. I have been going around with Citi for sometime now. I receive solicitations for American Airlines, Hilton Hotel, and Citi's own card. I'm not going to apply for Citi's own card if I haven't already received the AA card and a Hilton Hotel card. But everytime I respond to a Citi solicitation, I get a request for more information. This never happens to me with Chase. Citi likes to point out that they are not Chase. I'm fine with that, but since I am responding to their solicitations, I expect the information on the application to be sufficient for them to make a decision.
    In the meantime. I have created a workaround to my Citi problem, and continue to make progress toward my travel goals. To limit my frustration, I impose an absolute six month minimum on my Citi applications. I am currently at almost a year since my last Citi AA application, and just over six months since my last Citi HH application.
    So far, Hilton has definately gotten the worst of it. Of all my hotel stays over the last seven months only one night has been at a Hilton property.
    I joined Onepass a month after I joined AAdvantage. My miles in Onepass are six times what my AAdvantage miles are. I use my program credit card from Chase to fly, to shop online, to book hotel rooms, and on and on. Heck, even my HH and AA dining programs are charged to my Continental Chase.
    I'm waiting to see if the new United program will be as good for me as the old Continental Onepass. If it is, the new United may be supplanting American Airlines as my first choice in flight.
    Citi needs to step up.

21. dts
    Original Member

dts Silver Member

Status Points:
    I opened the 100K personal visa in August and later received the unsolicited Amex. Do you think I have a reasonable chance to get this lower 30k offer? Should I close the previous card first? Also, could I combine this with a 75k business card?

22. Global Explat
    Original Member

Global Explat Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeah- similar situation here.. I have addresses in both places, but am back in States pretty often. I have a mail forwarding service. Ends up costing a little though, but I was gonna spend that anyhow. I use my home address on the applications, then call to change it to the mail forwarding address soon after approved. A little messy, but everything has gotten through eventually...

btw- living in Europe isn't an excuse to yell like that!.... ;) tehe

23. jeff4jojo
    Original Member

jeff4jojo Silver Member

Status Points:
    they would not approve me because I had closed my Citi AA cards sometime in the year before and those offers were for new 1st time card holders only. So, the new 30,000 mile offers which garyst16 posted were great for me.

24. stan
    Original Member

stan Silver Member

Status Points:
    Were you approved for the 30,000 miles even though this was not your "first" A.A. Citi card??

I was rejected as others were for the 75,000 because I still have A.A. Citi cards

25. stan
    Original Member

stan Silver Member

Status Points:
    SORRY FOR THE YELLING!!:(--- can u now hear me lol!

I too have to call to head them off from sending to the states , I figure if I do not catch it in time and it goes out to NY I can call, tell them did not receive it and resend to Europe-

I have a P.O. box in the states and they hold the mail for me,this does cause a problem with Citi -

Last time i spoke to Citi they told me they "MUST" send new credit cards to a street address --I have one of those mail box at the curb and that creates a problem ---- has any body solved this with Citi???--- I have many other city cards that show my mailing address as the P.O. box yet I can not get them to send to my PO box --While with chase no problem to send to P.O. box