6 Traveler Watches for Frequent Flyers

Discussion in 'Travel Technology' started by sobore, Apr 8, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.blouinartinfo.com/photo-...:+artinfo-all+(All+Content+|+ARTINFO)#image=3

[​IMG]

Many watch lovers will be clocking thousands of air miles to go to Baselworld 2013 happening in Messe Basel from April 25 to May 2. For this international jet set, Blouin Artinfo seeks out some of the best traveler watches in the marke tto help keep track of several time zones – two of them will debut at Baselworld. You'll thank us the next time you are trying to time intercontinental phone calls.

Read More: http://www.blouinartinfo.com/photo-...:+artinfo-all+(All+Content+|+ARTINFO)#image=3

weevinweaver and uggboy like this.
  2. legalalien
    Original Member

legalalien Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is there one that tracks miles and points and automatically updates the totals based on GPS data? ;)

sobore likes this.
  3. ab3i
    Original Member

ab3i Silver Member

Status Points:
    FlyingBear, legalalien and sobore like this.
  4. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yep, this is it:

[​IMG]

Not all the newest rewards programs are added in, but an update is expected shortly.

5. legalalien
    Original Member

legalalien Gold Member

Status Points:
    I can finally track my WorldPass miles!

sobore likes this.
  6. autolycus

autolycus Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have a similarly-featured Casio G Shock that I like quite a bit. I've never been able to wear metal-banded watches, so the Casio is a better match for my comfort. Oh, it was less expensive too. Your Citizen is a nice-looking watch though.

Pretty sure this is the one I have: http://www.casio.com/products/Watches/G-Shock/GW3000BB-1A/

legalalien, ab3i and sobore like this.
  7. ab3i
    Original Member

ab3i Silver Member

Status Points:
    I agree, metal (even titanium) bands can become uncomfortable! BTW that is one good looking watch, love the 'tough solar' markings on it. BTW, i think the Casio might be more functional that the citizen, since the model i have has pre-programmed time zone mode for LA-DEN-CHI-NYC-LON and then an alternate time mode. I know they came out with a newer version which is more 'global', but i am happy with the current one (for now :D). On an unrelated note, I miss the timex 'indiglo' series, nothing like lighting up a cabin on a long haul with a eerie green glow, well this was before we all had smartphones and tablets emitting eerie glows :)

autolycus, sobore and legalalien like this.
  8. kyunbit
    Original Member

kyunbit Silver Member

Status Points:
    People still wear watches?

bigx0 likes this.
  9. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    They better or this thread about Apple's rumored iWatch was all for naught.
    Apple iWatch

10. FlyingBear
    Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Status Points:
    Only respectable ones ;)

The list is quite ridiculous. Might as well do Lambo/Ferrari rental review for budget travel :| And yet, Seiko Astron somehow did not make the list?! I'd take that one over any listed for functionality and it is still way cheaper.

My citizen atomic radio watch with all the time zones serves me rather well for <$120 (admittedly a price mistake, but even regular $220 is good).

11. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    legalalien likes this.