6 Reasons Why You Should Visit Egypt Now

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jun 6, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

A number of requests have been received by me pertaining to the safety of traveling in Egypt recently — especially given that hundreds of thousands of Egyptians converged in Tahrir Square greater than four years ago to protest the conditions under which they were living under the rule of Hosni Mubarak, who was then the president of Egypt. His rule of approximately 30 years finally ended in February of 2011 when the country of Egypt experienced a revolution — but not without violence on the streets of Cairo and cities elsewhere in Egypt, where a minimum of 846 people were killed; greater than 6,000 people were injured; and many buildings were burned or destroyed. Tahrir Square is only approximately 850 meters from the hotel property at where I am currently staying; and the mood is clearly different now than it was greater than four years ago... ...which leads me to give you 6 reasons why you should visit Egypt now — or, at least, as soon as possible... The post 6 Reasons Why You Should Visit Egypt Now appeared first on The Gate.

Continue reading...