6,957 shy of A-List Preferred...Any way to get it?

Discussion in 'Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (w/ AirTran)' started by cordray2643, Dec 21, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. cordray2643
    Original Member

cordray2643 Silver Member

Status Points:
    The beginning of 2013 was a challenge, I did not travel through January and February because of a job change. I missed my companion pass because I also did not travel last December. I got the companion pass back this year, but ended up almost 7,000 points (or 7 flights) shy of renewing A-List Preferred. Is there any way that I can get the 7,000 tier qualifying points without the actual flying? I am on the road a lot and want to spend the holidays at home with family and friends.

I am hoping to find a way, any help is greatly appreciated!

2. greerf

greerf Active Member

Status Points:
    Good luck cordray. I'm in the same boat. Came up 10.5K short myself. Thought about buying up pts ($240) but not sure if the added pts would apply to the tier upgrade and secondly not sure if the 100% matching pts earned over the next year would be worth the outlay.

3. CaptMorgan

CaptMorgan Active Member

Status Points:
    The SW Rapid Rewards Visa gives you credit towards Companion pass and tier status.

4. cordray2643
    Original Member

cordray2643 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Unfortunately the CC only gives you 1,500 Tier Qualifying points for every $10,000 (I am pretty sure). That would require me spending $50,000.