5th Elite Tier Coming to Delta?

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by n301dp, Dec 1, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. n301dp
    Original Member

n301dp Silver Member

Status Points:
    From the public job postings at Deltajobs.net:

What's up the widget's sleeve now?

2. Quasiconvexity
    Original Member

Quasiconvexity Gold Member

Status Points:
    (sky)peso-nium

ceieoc likes this.
  3. mtkeller
    Original Member

mtkeller Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'd guess something formal to match GS over at UA.

4. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Certainly does makes sense to me.

5. jrp2

jrp2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    It seems a bit crazy that they just added Diamond two years ago and they are already looking to another tier. Though for those poor people who easily blow through acquiring 125,000 MQMs in the first part of the year probably should be rewarded for continuing to acquire more throughout the rest of the year. I have heard of some that do 250,000 or 300,000+ a year. That's a lot of extra travel on Delta with no more benefits past 125,000.

Italy98, Jett Rink and DeltaExpert like this.
  6. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    Clearly a response to GS.

At last, this is evidence of at least reactive brain functioning inside DL. If they're going to take on GS we all know they're going to have to deliver some very serious service and benefits. I'm only 1K but it's miles ahead of what DL offers - the best experience is calling in for an award change/reticket and the agent finds twenty Star A J-class itins that would all work, all at LOW award level. What bliss! Nobody including DM gets that over at DL.

Do you think the Kyptonium tier will get a special Award Desk, empowered to waive all capacity restrictions on J bookings? That might help their foundering ship.

Now if this person could also review the comparative benefits of SM against other elite programs at all tiers, they'd soon find DL's offerings are * best in class *

Hey I've got a name for DL...someone who's demonstrated his acumen in all those areas and who instilled unrivalled and fanatical loyalty and a strong propensity to spend in his elite flyers... his thinking was best in class before they even thought of the phrase. Bob Soukup. Bwahahaha!

Meantime Jeff, the stock is showing a marginal improvement. But there's a ways to go. you don't want angry ShareSharks coming to the AGM and asking those questions do you? Well, then, get going. I tell you if I do attend the DL AGM then I'm going to highlight the *best in class* phrase during the Q&A session.

Titans26 and ceieoc like this.
  7. JosephMay

JosephMay Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would think that anything they do to cater to Kryptoniums would indeed be a saavy business decision.

ceieoc likes this.
  8. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Porsche tier?

9. ceieoc

ceieoc Silver Member

Status Points:
    redtailshark, I believe the Delta Kryptonium Medallion Elite tier will be the "sixth" tier when you fly or buy 150,000 miles.
    In 2009, I reported about the potential fifth tier that Delta Airlines may introduce. Delta tier number five, was codenamed "Delta Cubic Zirconium Medallion". Click here for full details of the Delta Cubic Zirconium Medallion Elite status with a cool video included. This new tier would help bridge the benefit chasm between the Delta Airlines Platinum Medallion and Diamond Medallion status.

Delta Airlines is always planning for the future because they are "Best-in-Class." I know this must be true as many Delta Airlines executives keep telling us they are "Best-in-Class" and I saw this written in many Delta advertisements. I expect Delta Airlines will also hire an additional elite Medallion support team for Delta tier number seven and eight, tentatively scheduled to be launched during the third and fourth quarters of 2012.

Tier number eight may include round-the-clock access to an elite team of doctors specially trained to treat and offer their diagnosis for Deep Vein Thrombosis. DVT is potentially experienced by 80% of travelers who plan to earn Delta Medallion tier eight.

Best wishes to Delta Airlines for the success of their new tier product launch.

10. Davescj
    Original Member

Davescj Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think the GS is the most logical idea. My guess is that the "tier" will be based on corporate contracts of some kind.

Titans26 and Mrs. Gargoyle like this.
  11. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hopefully it doesn't have to do with how much you fly...but how much you spend. (factors for gs and AA's ck)

Anyone here applying for the position?

12. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Maybe it will be a tier lower than silver? BA just introduced bronze, below their silver.

I could see things like guaranteed reserved middle seats in back (or window seats in back next to the engines on md80s), getting charged double for on-board drinks and compulsory bag checking as part of the program...

;)

13. Titans26

Titans26 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Delta is "Best-in-Class" with corporate accounts. When you have a corporate account your Sky Pesos become Sky Gold Bullion.

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

ceieoc and Davescj like this.
  14. Davescj
    Original Member

Davescj Silver Member

Status Points:
    You mean Sky FeS2. :)

15. LOL, and I thought I would get more upgrades by buying up to Platinum from Gold. I don't fly enough to make Diamond, so if Diamonds are unhappy, perhaps I need to rethink my entire travel strategy.

ceieoc and DeltaExpert like this.