5kPQM for renewing lapsed US Club membership

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by travelpye, Nov 12, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. travelpye

travelpye Silver Member

Status Points:
    FYI to watch your emails if you might be interested. My Club membership expired in September.

"As a Silver Preferred member, you can renew your US Airways Club membership between November 12 and November 18, 2012 and pay only $325. Plus for a limited time, you'll also earn 5,000 Preferred-qualifying miles with promo code 5KPQM."

YULtide likes this.
  2. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    Also good for new Club memberships.

As a Silver Preferred member, you can join the US Airways Club between November 12 and November 18, 2012 and pay only $325. Plus for a limited time, you'll earn 5,000 Preferred-qualifying miles and we'll waive the $50 initiation fee with promo code 5KPQM.​

One membership gives you access to the US Airways Club, United Club and Star Alliance lounges - more than 250 clubs worldwide. Join online, call 800-828-8522 or stop by any US Airways Club. Be sure to provide your Dividend Miles number and promo code 5KPQM.​

*Terms & conditions apply. Offer valid November 12 - November 18, 2012. Offer available for new US Airways Club annual memberships and US Airways Club memberships that are eligible for renewal. Promotion code 5KPQM must be mentioned or entered when enrolling or renewing the membership in the US Airways Club to receive the bonus miles and price discount. New club members and club members renewing that use promotion code 5KPQM will receive 5,000 bonus Preferred-qualifying miles. For new club member enrollments, the $50 initiation fee will be waived. This offer cannot be combined with any other offer. If buying online, please allow up to 7 days for processing. All US Airways Club and Dividend Miles terms and conditions apply.​

3. Flying Machine

Flying Machine Silver Member

Status Points:
    My Menbership expires on 11/22 and I received the same. A great alternative to UA Club Fees that are going up. I have used the Membership primarly for UA and works well. Think other UA Members should consider? Only caveat is a possible merger with AA. But that would not be completed in 2013 I guess. Thanks and Safe Travels

4. cjl425

cjl425 Active Member

Status Points:
    I also got the email. I was weighing the pro/cons of the UA Club (Since I mainly fly out of IAD). But with this offer maybe I should consider US. Especially since I will mainly be flying out of PHL starting mid 2013.

5. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is a great deal and value way way better than UA club which is raising its rates in January.

6. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    The only potential downside I see to this versus the UA club membership is the chances of getting a gate pass if you aren't flying. I'm not sure if the rules say US members get those. Otherwise it is cheaper and offers basically the same benefits.

7. JetsettingEric
    Original Member

JetsettingEric Silver Member

Status Points:
    50 discount, so only 275 for chairman, plus 5k of pqm which should be redeemable.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to renew with this even though I have the amex plat card for us clubs (i do end up on us from time to time)

Gate pass is a good differentiator. Unfortunately, doesn't work at my home airport of lga where the united club is landside.

8. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Redeemable for what??

PQMs and RDMs are different beasts. Unless US is offering both I wouldn't bet on that really getting you an award points.

9. JetsettingEric
    Original Member

JetsettingEric Silver Member

Status Points:
    Unlike other carriers, US doesn't have pqm that are not redeemable miles.

For the credit card pqm, they convert your miles already given to you by taking away 10k miles and giving you 10k pqm.

In the grand slam, their wording for pqm was "of which x miles are pqm".

I've been able to spend miles that I've received from other club renewal pqm, and I can't imagine this one being any different.