5k bonus point rates for $10 over flex, 10k bonus for $30

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by The Deal Mommy, May 6, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. The Deal Mommy

The Deal Mommy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just wanted to flag that I got a 10k points bonus for $30 more than the flex rate at a (dumpy) side of the road HIE in Frederick, MD. While I don't recommend it for a mattress run, I had never seen a 10k bonus point rate before for a single night, and certainly not at .3 cents a point! Best of all, with the tightening of the screws on elite qualifying points, bonus point package rates are EQP for platinum!

Lots of hotels on the bonus point list at 5k, I saw some where the 5k bonus rate was only $10 over the flex rate. I wrote a blog post detailing my stay at the Crowne Plaza in Hampton, VA last year where the flex king is $109 and 5k bonus is $119 in June. Hope this info helps someone out!

icurhere2, sobore and mo26 like this.
  2. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    I got 11k in vouchers for a night stay at an LAX airport stay. I had to call them after the fact and get the 11k converted from non-elite points (voucher) to standard points, but that wasn't too complicated.

I find that more and more of the properties that offer the crazy bonus points per night (rather than per stay) are rather mediocre -- at best. Although I did find quite a few nice properties offering good bonus points per stay when I was doing some LA traveling earlier this year (10k for HIX Century City, for example).

The most I've seen is a 25k per stay at the Hotel Indigo in Brooklyn. That was crazy.

[​IMG]

icurhere2 likes this.
  3. The Deal Mommy

The Deal Mommy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wow! That may just be run worthy for a fun weekend.

viguera likes this.
  4. jaw_24
    Original Member

jaw_24 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've done quite a few of the 5k and 10k bonus packages before they started given Plat. to Chase cardholders (as I am already). With this, and the devaluing bonus rates at some of my favorite spots, I haven't used these in a while.