50K with 1K spend

Discussion in 'American Express | Membership Rewards' started by Mrlasssen, Mar 8, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Mrlasssen

Mrlasssen Silver Member

Status Points:
    There was an offer of 50K points after a 1K spend. I was showed the link today thanks to a blogger. Has anyone seen the offer also and had luck using it recently?

2. emtesenair

emtesenair Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've been matched to the offer here: www.creditcards.com/cardmatch. Enter your information and it should pull up the 50K offer.

This showed up about a month ago as well and is back again! I'm not planning to take advantage of it this time around but the link is working and showing the application page on the AMEX site for me.

daemon14 likes this.
  3. cc1972

cc1972 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I take it that you are in the U.S., then you can get an offer for 50K with the Mercedes-Benz American Express Platinum (http://thepointsguy.com/top-deals/).

Otherwise, using the same link but looking way down nearly at the bottom of that page, there is an offer for a Canadian Platinum Amex for 60k but 3k spending, or the Aeroplan Platinum with 51k for 1k spending.

4. daemon14

daemon14 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I used the CreditCards.com link posted above for the 100K MR deal for the Platinum card in January, and my points posted.

Similarly, a friend of mine last week used the link to get the 50K MR Gold card and was told he'd get 50K points once he spent $1000.

5. Mrlasssen

Mrlasssen Silver Member

Status Points:
    Pulled the trigger on this offer, was approved instantly. I have never dabbled in MR points before. Now I have to figure out the best use of them, any suggestions?

alohastephen and robmac like this.
  6. daemon14

daemon14 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Any goals?

7. robmac

robmac Silver Member

Status Points:
    By far, the best value for your points is transfer to airline programs. Anything else and you will be missing out. The big question is, what do you want to do as far as travel is concerned? Setting a goal will guide you through the points path.

8. paladin87
    Original Member

paladin87 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am holding out for a repeat of the 100k Plat offer....no way I will settle for 50 now after that. Still furious I missed it.

merice107 likes this.
  9. robmac

robmac Silver Member

Status Points:
    There was a 75K offer recently...

10. robmac

robmac Silver Member

Status Points:
    There was a 75K offer recently...

11. paladin87
    Original Member

paladin87 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeah I got the 75k business. I want the 100k plat personal though with 3k in spend.

12. alohastephen

alohastephen Gold Member

Status Points:
    There use to be Delta Transfer Bonuses quite often. I signed up for the card at 100K and transfered those to Delta 150K. Can't think of a better value that I have come across since that time.

weevinweaver likes this.
  13. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Delta bonuses were great, but its now been almost 2 years. Wish they'd come back.

Amex still has BA Avios bonuses transfers often between 30-50% per point.

Avios are great for short haul. I rarely pay for personal AA or AS ticket under 1000 flight miles since I started Avios. You can hit all of WA,OR,CA, MT, ID, NV, AZ and the entire Northeast for between 4500-7500 miles each way vs 12500 each way on all other programs. Plus on top of MR chase has a 100k Avios offer too that you can leverage.

14. rbnagel

rbnagel New Member

Status Points:
    Can someone explain the Avios program for me? Or send me to a link for that program? Sounds like a great deal.

robmac likes this.
  15. robmac

robmac Silver Member

Status Points:
    They are absolutely the best for short haul flights. Award availability has been very decent AA, Aer Lingus, LAN and other OW airlines.

Do a Google search for mommypoints, thepointsguy, etc for detailed explanations.

16. gconnery

gconnery Silver Member

Status Points:
    In case people aren't aware, the 50K offer available through CreditCards.com is dead, for now anyway.

17. freebird

freebird Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just received a 50K miles with spend 1K within 3 months offer via snail mail for a Gold Rewards Card. I thought that if you already have the same AMX card, you are not eligible for the sign up bonus. Am I right?

18. autolycus

autolycus Gold Member

Status Points:
    Read the T&C for the offer you received. It should spell out who is eligible. If it says nothing about not being eligible for a bonus because you already have that card, then you might be eligible for it.

19. robmac

robmac Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'd check directly with AmEx. Those offers are jointly sent by AmEx and by Delta. Left hand may not know all of the right Hans's details.

Also, if you call AmEx and the tell you that you are eligible, ask politely to note the account. That way, upon receiving the card and meeting spend, you can refer to the call/note put down before you applied to for the card.

autolycus likes this.
  20. weevinweaver

weevinweaver Silver Member

Status Points:
    I hate it when I miss these special offers! Recently I applied for the gold skymiles card. I only got 30k miles. The next week I got an offer in the mail for opening a gold skymiles card with 50k miles. Ughhhh