50K MR for 5 Additional Cardholders !

Discussion in 'American Express | Membership Rewards' started by tassojunior, Aug 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. tassojunior
    Original Member

tassojunior Silver Member

Status Points:
    Good on Platinum and Premier Gold personal and business. May apply to all MR-earning cards.Only names and birthdates needed. Good til 12/31/11. "Targeted" but everyone getting approved by at least 2nd call. Must spend something on each card.

Free on gold cards, $45 for 5 gold AU's on Platinum
    Promo code 5721

montacute, Toula, BostonGator and 6 others like this.
  2. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    How do you come up with "costs $45 total" for five extra cardholders?

On the Platinum card, additional card #1 is $[175] annually, the next two are free each year, then cards #4 and #5 have extra charges of $[175] each last I knew.

I recall there may have been a lower fee to get gold additional cards on platinum accounts, but I don't recall it being as low as you suggest.

Am I missing something?

In a related thought, it is worth highlighting the value of cards #3 and 4 being free. Despite their free status, those cardholders get the lounge access program (including priority pass select), international airline program, global entry $100 credit, etc, for each card. The only thing that isn't doubled up is the $200 misc airline fee credit. The $200 misc fee credit is consollidated across all cards - but two agents have confirmed the global entry credit is per each card.

I've given cards 3 and 4 to my parents and inlaws (who still get a kick out of lounge access).

jmrich1432 and Jimgotkp like this.
  3. Lantean

Lantean Silver Member

Status Points:
    this kinda sounds too good to be true... :cool:

jmrich1432 likes this.
  4. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is the promo 10k each for up to 5 or is it a flat 50k if you load up?

jmrich1432 likes this.
  5. wheat27
    Original Member

wheat27 Silver Member

Status Points:
    This just figures, recently canceled my MR eligible amex cards to avoid the annual fees.

6. jmrich1432
    Original Member

jmrich1432 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have the Plat and thought each additional was $175. Is it different if you use this promo code? Do you have a link? Or do I have to call....

Thanks for the info! I would DEFINITELY do this for $45 ai. Heck, I'd do it for $45 each!

7. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    jmrich, it's $175 for up to 3 additional platinum cards, and then per-card after that.

8. LXJenkins
    Original Member

LXJenkins Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is that $175 annually? Or just $175 when you add the 3 additional cards.

9. mommypoints

mommypoints Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just wrote up my and my mom's experiences on my blog. I have a Plat card and she has a Gold. Plat was $175 fee for up to three users (but comes with great benefits aside from the bonus points). Gold was free for up to 5 users. It was a pretty simple process. I was told on the phone that it was a max of 100,000 bonus points from this, but maybe that is Plat card specific. I'm not sure. Get on this now before they change their minds. ;)

10. Lantean

Lantean Silver Member

Status Points:
    did they ask for SSN? if not i could add my dogs... :rolleyes:

11. mommypoints

mommypoints Gold Member

Status Points:
    They asked if I wanted to provide it and I said no. They had no issue with proceeding without it in my case. They did ask for name, birth date, and address.

jmrich1432 likes this.
  12. Lantean

Lantean Silver Member

Status Points:
    LOL
    great deal! now i kinda regret canceling teh gold card and keeping the platinum...

13. Delta Points
    Original Member

Delta Points Silver Member

Status Points:
    AMEX is just crazy. Always live by the rule if you don't like what you hear call again and again and again.

Called MR line - 800-297-3276

Got a great rep. Said sure could add cards and add code. Did not need to send me to card services. Did NOT need SS#'er.

2 accounts 1 hr on phone = 100,000 MR points. Unreal.^^

Keep in mind the GOLD can PLAT BIZ can add GREEN cards to your account for NO ANNUAL fee. The personal GOLD maybe can (don't know) but the PLAT personal can only add $200 PLAT's or $45 GOLD's to it.

Andyandy likes this.
  14. penumpang
    Original Member

penumpang Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have a PR Gold and a Blue. Does anyone know if this would work for Blue as well?

15. jmrich1432
    Original Member

jmrich1432 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was able to add 5 AUs to my Plat card for $45 total. (They will get Gold cards)

I made sure the rep noted that I was using this promotion and was eligible (she said I was). CSR wanted SS#s, but agreed to continue without them. I'm not sure what happens now as I've never added AUs....

Anyone know?

16. jetsetr
    Original Member

jetsetr Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am assuming this promo will work only for new additional users on the account, not for those of us who already have existing AU's on the account. Can anyone verify/confirm?

17. mommypoints

mommypoints Gold Member

Status Points:
    There are reports of people having success getting retroactive credit. Worth a shot!

Andyandy likes this.
  18. Andyandy
    Original Member

Andyandy Gold Member

Status Points:
    After a few rounds of CSR roulette with Amex, I spoke to a MR CSR who confirmed that the promo was noted on my account and that I could sign up for the addt'l cards online. I've done that, now to get the cards and make a couple of Itunes purchases.

As an interesting side note, one of the Amex CSRs who told me that I was not eligible offered me 50K MR points to upgrade to Plat from Premiere Rewards.

19. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    First call I was told it was for members in Argentina. Second call said it was targeted and that if I was targeted I should do the offer online. I was then put on hold & again told it was for Argentina.
    I told the rep that it's kind of unfair & asked if the card was American Express or Argentinian Express??? lol