50K Mileage Plus Offer

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by khagwell, Sep 15, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. khagwell

khagwell Active Member

Status Points:
    Anyone else having trouble getting Mileage Plus to acknowledge eligibility for 50K deal that ended recently? After considering the trap for as long as possible, I finally gave in and sent my application in response to their "Last Chance" email. Application was accepted immediately. When card packet arrived I called to activate, that 1st rep mentioned the 50K promotion. Today I called the same number to add a pin, but the (2nd) rep found no record of my eligibility for the 50K promotion. I'm sure hoping that once Rep #2 "sends my case to the marketing department", they'll be able to track down the application date to prove my eligibility. I'm searching through all email & trash for that original acceptance email. I did ask Rep #2 if they had a twitter account, as tweets sometimes get response faster than waiting for a determination letter to arrive by snail mail, but she said no. Should I search for a Mileage Plus twitter account, or Chase Bank, or Visa. Such a convoluted web, is our banking system. Thanks for any suggestions or similar experiences.

2. webdes03

webdes03 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would probably wait until you hear back from the marketing department. Your eligibility doesn't change if it was accepted before the cutoff, so IMO there's no rush to reach out to UA. If you already have a Chase account, they have always answered my messages through the website very quickly. Once you login, there's a "Secure Message Center" link at the top where you can send/receive messages. I typically get an answer there within 24 hours or so--though you may want to give them a chance to respond before opening another thread that potentially goes to a different group.

Counsellor likes this.
  3. khagwell

khagwell Active Member

Status Points:
    Webdes03, thanks for the sensible answer. About an hour ago I found dated email receipt for my application, so I'll keep it handy, but wait to hear from marketing.

4. webdes03

webdes03 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Especially if you have the proof, I wouldn't rush to open another thread. Give them a chance to answer. If you don't hear back in a few days then certainly pursue another avenue. I've never had an issue with Chase responding, so I'd give them a reasonable amount of time first.