50K Amex MR Points for Additional Cards

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by joediver, Aug 10, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. joediver
    Original Member

joediver Silver Member

Status Points:
    Tip of the hat to Frugal Travel Guy and OP on FT.....

updated 10am e.s.t.

Holders of Platinum & Premier Gold personal and business cards can get 10K for each additional cardholder up to 5. On gold cards up to 5 AU's is free. On Platinum 5 Gold AU's can be added for $45 total.

Must spend something on each card.

Names and birthdates are required but they are strangely not requiring SS#'s immediately. AmEx is very strict about SS#'s of AU's so I wouldn't test this.

Offer supposed to be good through 12/31/11 but is targeted so may have to phone a couple times to get agreeable csr.

Phone Membership Rewards and mention offer code 5721

Offer 5721 also applies to the Business Premier Gold card

Just call the Membership Rewards department at 1-800-AXP-EARN and mention offer code: 5721. When I called the number on the back of my card the rep could not find the offer.

rajuabju, PedroNY and k2o like this.
  2. PedroNY
    Original Member

PedroNY Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thank you for this tip! Definitely woth the call, especially if you have both Personal and Business cards, you can clear 100,000 additional MR points!

3. rajuabju
    Original Member

rajuabju Gold Member

Status Points:
    Done and done, added 5 AU's, will get 50k points. Awesome.

jmrich1432 likes this.
  4. sargenet
    Original Member

sargenet Silver Member

Status Points:
    Anyone get the card recently and asked for proactive credit for adding additional user? I had read a blog that some people had success getting a retroactive courtesy credit...so I emailed Am Ex on both my account and my husband's asking for the promo. Even though I emailed within minutes on both accounts, I have only received a reply on my husband's which stated that only those that were targeted can get it. But I did reply back asking for a courtesy adjustment .. keeping my fingers crossed..

On my account I emailed over 10 hrs ago..still no response at all.

5. travlr

travlr Silver Member

Status Points:
    Try calling instead if you don't a response. :)

6. rajuabju
    Original Member

rajuabju Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, I did.

I had added my wife as an AU back in early 2011. They gave me 10k retroactive for her immediately. The other 4 AU will get 10k upon first purchase.

I would definitely say you try, and if the first rep says no, hang up and call again.

joediver likes this.
  7. sargenet
    Original Member

sargenet Silver Member

Status Points:
    I got 2 different NO answers via email. Then I called, got a no....then escalated to a manager. I was told they added promo for my husband who is on the account but never used the card I got him back in June! Also added a card for my daughter. They said it is on there and to allow 10 weeks to post once I use cards...

Sent secure email to them on the hubby's account...they have not responded to it... has been 24 hours. They did respond to another email sent on the same account a few minutes later in regards to another MR question. Funny how they answered that one and ignored the other! Still going to see if I can get 10K for the card he got me on his account!