50K AA Mile Signup Bonus for Citi Platinum Select AA Visa Signature or CitiBusiness AA Visa

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by RestlessLocationSyndrome, Dec 15, 2011.

1. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just came across this offer for 50k sign up bonus for AA credit cards while on the AA website. Here's the link to the offer page:

http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/earnMiles/beyondTravel/creditDebit/citiVisaDBL.jsp

This appears better than their normal offer as it still includes no annual fee in the first year but does require $2500 in spend in the first 4 months. I know the Thank You Premier card is also offering 50k pts but I believe that most of us out there would value AA miles more than Thank You points.

iolaire and MLW20 like this.
  2. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not a bad deal, just not as generous as other offers from recent time. I am sure glad that I got in two last 75,000 mile sign up bonuses in August.

3. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    Indeed 75k offer was much better, but this is still a decent offer and alongside other offers available from Chase.

4. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    What is the current logic re "First time card holders." If you have an AmEx does that preclude you from getting a Visa, etc...

5. NYCAdventurer

NYCAdventurer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I believe that refers to first time AA Card. From my past experience it really means " 1 Personal, 1 Business"

iolaire likes this.
  6. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    TAHKUCT likes this.
  7. brockb

brockb Silver Member

Status Points:
    Was just approved for this! Between this and my Club Carlson, I should be able to take the wife on a pretty nice anniversary vacation next year.