50K AA Mile Signup Bonus for Citi Platinum Select AA Visa Signature or CitiBusiness AA Visa

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by RestlessLocationSyndrome, Dec 15, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just came across this offer for 50k sign up bonus for AA credit cards while on the AA website. Here's the link to the offer page:

http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/earnMiles/beyondTravel/creditDebit/citiVisaDBL.jsp

This appears better than their normal offer as it still includes no annual fee in the first year but does require $2500 in spend in the first 4 months. I know the Thank You Premier card is also offering 50k pts but I believe that most of us out there would value AA miles more than Thank You points.

iolaire and MLW20 like this.
  2. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not a bad deal, just not as generous as other offers from recent time. I am sure glad that I got in two last 75,000 mile sign up bonuses in August.

3. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    Indeed 75k offer was much better, but this is still a decent offer and alongside other offers available from Chase.

4. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    What is the current logic re "First time card holders." If you have an AmEx does that preclude you from getting a Visa, etc...

5. NYCAdventurer

NYCAdventurer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I believe that refers to first time AA Card. From my past experience it really means " 1 Personal, 1 Business"

iolaire likes this.
  6. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    TAHKUCT likes this.
  7. brockb

brockb Silver Member

Status Points:
    Was just approved for this! Between this and my Club Carlson, I should be able to take the wife on a pretty nice anniversary vacation next year.