50K AA and US Airways Bonuses?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by wcblack34, Mar 14, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. wcblack34

wcblack34 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Does anyone know if there are any current 50K signup bonuses for AA and US Airways cards? I've found pages that offer them, but I am not sure if they are actually available.

2. pointshogger

pointshogger Silver Member

Status Points:
    wcblack34 and gconnery like this.
  3. gconnery

gconnery Silver Member

Status Points:
    You have to be willing to jump into the void a bit with this hobby. The applications might not work. Do them anyway. You can confirm the bonus after you get approved via an SM. If you just want to do publicly available offers you can find by going to Citi.com et al, then you might as well stop playing. You'll give up 1/2 or more of the bonus miles/points you can get.

boondr likes this.
  4. wcblack34

wcblack34 Silver Member

Status Points:
    What is an "SM"? I'm still learning ;)

gconnery likes this.
  5. TUMD

TUMD Silver Member

Status Points:
    Secure Message :)

wcblack34 and gconnery like this.
  6. gconnery

gconnery Silver Member

Status Points:
    On Milepoint if you double click on some acronyms like SM, you'll see a definition appear in the upper right. Doesn't guarantee that they'll all come up but a lot of them do.

Oh and SM means you go to your credit card companie's website, login to your account, click on Contact Us, choose SM (like a text message but secure inside the company) and then send them a message. They'll reply after a day or two.

wcblack34 likes this.
  7. wcblack34

wcblack34 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ah. Thank you very much. SM came up as Skymiles :)

8. euromannn
    Original Member

euromannn Gold Member

Status Points:
    How does this compare with the AMEX Platinum which gives LOSS protection and 4 free tows? Each provide airline lounge access but are they identical?

$450 annual fee......no first year waiver:
    Earn 100,000
    American Airlines AAdvantage®
    bonus miles

after you make $10,000 in purchases within
    3 months of account opening.2

Plus, earn up to $200 in statement credits - earn $1 in statement credits for each $1 spent on purchases within the first 12 months of cardmembership.3

Enjoy these VIP benefits for an annual fee of $450*

Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  9. jakem4800

jakem4800 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Does anyone have insight on what the merger will do with our us airways wor

10. jakem4800

jakem4800 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Does anyone have any idea what will happen to our us air world mastercards when AA becomes official?

Currently I have a "free upgrade" to a world elite us airways MasterCard which in the scheme of things is very worthless. They give you ok benefits if you like to spend lots of money, but I'm a cheapskate so not a chance I'll go for those benefits.

So anyways what I'm getting at is since I have this "upgrade" do you think they will automatically scum me into the AA world elite card that has a $450 annual fee or give me a break at the lower $89 annual fee still being able to absorb AA's benefits. Or will they remove my upgrade and put me back at the basic membership AA world card?

gconnery likes this.
  11. gconnery

gconnery Silver Member

Status Points:
    http://boardingarea.com/viewfromthewing/2014/01/16/us-airways-card-barclays-going-away-due-merger/

"The US Airways card from Barclays will take applications until US Airways and American combine into a single airline in early 2015. After that, the card will be re-branded as an American card."

So you won't be able to apply for a Barclay's US Air Card (or AA Card) after early 2015. But if you already have one it will now be some kind of AA card. Obviously it will earn AA miles at that point but beyond that I guess we don't know what the benefits will be.

I haven't seen any speculation on what will happen with the elite card specifically.