500 US Airways Miles for Downloading ‘StoreFront Assistant’

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by hopscotch1, Aug 11, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. hopscotch1
    Original Member

hopscotch1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    kellio likes this.
  2. Steve

Steve Silver Member

Status Points:
    Like the earlier "version", supposedly you get 1 mile for every 3 searches you do through their search window...the predecessor actually told you when you earned "a mile", eg after every 3 searches, this one doesn't which leaves me a little insecure...guess we'll see what posts...

3. mtlfire

mtlfire Gold Member

Status Points:
    It also dumps you on some website after installation that makes it look like you have to sign up, but has nothing to with the toolbar as far as I can tell. And like you mention, no running total of the miles accumulated.

4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Does it post the miles once a month? In other words, you could be searching for a month before you know it actually worked?

5. mtlfire

mtlfire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good question, it doesn't really say anywhere that I noticed. But I'm going to assume it was once a month like the previous toolbar.

** I stand corrected, from the FAQ:

After you make a purchase with a participating retailer, miles will typically post within 3-5 days; however it can take up to 8 weeks for the miles to post to your Dividend Miles account.
    If your miles don't post to the designated Dividend Miles account after 8 weeks, contact us and provide the transaction date, retailer name, order number and the amount of your purchase before taxes and shipping fees.
    Note that we can only research transactions made within the past 180 days. Retailers will not address order inquiries that are older than 180 days. Therefore we cannot obtain missing miles for these purchases.

At the end of every month we calculate the number of Dividend Miles award miles you earned on searches. The Dividend Miles award miles will appear in your US Airways Dividend Miles account within 60 days.

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.