500 pts for using HHonors Amex

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by HaveMilesWillTravel, Jul 20, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    For the last two stays in Europe (both prepaid, charged to my HHonors Amex) I did not receive the 500 point bonus. I using a forex-fee-free VISA at checkin -- is this the reason for the points not posting? Will customer service fix this?

2. aitchly
    Original Member

aitchly Silver Member

Status Points:
    Did you book through hilton.com?

Gargoyle and ben regelshore like this.
  3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    yes.

4. chitownflyer
    Original Member

chitownflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    You need to call the Hiltpon reservations line and request them to post the missing points for booking online and paying with an HHonors AMEX. This happens randomly to me as well, why some stays post and others do not is a mystery to me.:confused:

5. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. I have never had that problem before, but I think I always used my hhonors Amex at checkin. This time I didn't even have it in my wallet.

6. PedroNY
    Original Member

PedroNY Silver Member

Status Points:
    You can always send a secure message to AMEX through your AMEX account, I find them to be very responsive to those inquires, just make sure you use magic words in it "can you please investigage this inquiry with appropriate department". I find words "inquirty" usually work...that is their internal term, just my experience.

Cheers,

PedroNY

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  7. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Well, my personal experience with Amex secure messaging has been limited, but not very positive. I recently sent them a message asking them to send me a replacement card for the soon-to-be expired HHonors card, since I was going to be out of the country when it was likely going to come automagically. The reply was "please call us to request the card". My "response" was to not take the Amex card.

But back on topic -- is it Amex that's posting those 500 points to HHonors? Guess it would make sense since it's a benefit of the card, but it seems to generally post right with the stay, not with a statement closing.

8. PedroNY
    Original Member

PedroNY Silver Member

Status Points:
    [quote="

But back on topic -- is it Amex that's posting those 500 points to HHonors? Guess it would make sense since it's a benefit of the card, but it seems to generally post right with the stay, not with a statement closing.[/quote]

It is definitely AMEX, I contacted them before for this benefit, they sent over 500 points. Maybe it was just a good will gesture by them, but they can send points without statement closing. They do this for me for SPG, Delta and other programs, posting of points and statement closings do not have to be in sync.

Best,

PedroNY

9. MyTravels
    Original Member

MyTravels Silver Member

Status Points:
    The folio shows what card network is associated with the reservation and you can check what's registered online:

Login to HHonors.com

(on the left-hand side) HHonors Activity => HHonors Hotel Activity => Select Stay

Under Hotel Folio Informatoin => Payment Type:

I've always called HHonors and if the Payment Type: AMERICAN EXPRESS then they credit the 500 points.

If yours shows VISA (as you used that card to checkin) then the only thing they can do is give you a SERVICE CENTER ADJUSTMENT for 500 points - and that adjustment is very representative dependent.

10. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Yes, I did that last night, actually, as I was looking around in my account, and it was indeed VISA and I submitted a missing stay credit form (but stated, of course, that I did get the credit, just not the bonus) for one of the stays. We'll see how that turns out.