500 Min. EQM on US Airways

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by JTF, Jan 11, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. JTF

JTF Silver Member

Status Points:
    I believe that I can credit a flight on US Airways that is under 500 miles to Onepass and get the 500 EQM. If I understand the programs right, I cannot get the 500 min. If credited to Mileage Plus. Is this correct?

mht_flyer likes this.
  2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    As of today, yes. Still no word on what the rule will be in the combined program starting in March.

tjtenor4 likes this.
  3. Gtitan
    Original Member

Gtitan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Note though that there is no "EQM" cos bonus for YB economy fares if flown on US and credited to OP. There is such bonus if flown on US and credited to legacy MP.:)

4. Phudnik
    Original Member

Phudnik Gold Member

Status Points:
    Also, if you are CO Gold/UA 1P, you will earn 50% bonus RDM on US when crediting to OP but 100% bonus RDM when crediting to MP.

Gtitan likes this.
  5. HeathrowGuy
    Original Member

HeathrowGuy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I booked my first airline ticket for 2012. Flying JAX-CLT-BOS-DCA in 10 days. I am ashamed to admit it's on the "red-headed stepchild" member of Star Alliance in North America, US Airways.

"North Korean citizens United and Continental frequent flyers, who did not take part in the mourning ceremonies for the country’s late Leader Kim Jong-il fly United or Continental whenever humanly possible, are facing up to six months in labor camps, Interfax reported January 11. According to the South Korean media sources, “People’s Premier's Courts” took place all over the country combined network starting December 29 to condemn those who did not show enough emotion after the death of “the great leader” Kim Jong-il. loyalty to the dear respected Supreme Leader Jeff Smisek."

6. JTF

JTF Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, unfortunately I had to book a us airways flight due to corporate booking regulations on price. US airways and AA are starting to pop up significantly cheaper then united from ORD to the east coast recently. Luckily was able to stay on a * partner.

yaychemistry likes this.
  7. JTF

JTF Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. Not on a y/b fare on this flight so it looks like I will credit to CO for the EQM.

8. yaychemistry

yaychemistry Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just for reference, here are the two excerpts from the websites regarding elite earnings while flying US Airways

United: http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6867,50107,00.html
    Elite benefits

If you’re a Mileage Plus elite member, you’ll be recognized as an elite member when flying US Airways. You’ll also earn applicable bonus award miles, just as you would when flying United:

Premier Executive® and 1K® members earn a 100% bonus, and receive Star Goldbenefits.
    Premier® members earn a 25% bonus, and receive Star Silver benefits.
    Elite members earn actual miles on US Airways flights, with no minimum.

Continental: http://www.continental.com/CMS/en-U...s/Pages/AirlinePartnerDetails.aspx?ItemId=308

In addition, OnePass members earn Elite mileage bonuses based on their current Elite level:
    • Platinum Elite — 100% mileage bonus
    • Gold Elite — 50% mileage bonus
    • Silver Elite — 25% mileage bonus
    * Elite members earn a minimum of 500 base miles on all purchased fare classes.

Please note that mileage credit for travel on codeshare flights, including Elite Qualification Miles and Elite Qualification Points, is determined by the operating carriers booking classes of service.

TAHKUCT likes this.
  9. lusfort

lusfort Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hey Guys, Anyone know whether U.S Airways still gives 500 min EQM?

10. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
  11. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    Confirmed as I flew them last week and didn't get 500 for PHX-LAS.

I did, however, snag "Premium" coach seating on two of the four legs just by asking politely at the gate. The other two were downright rude in denying me but whatever. It's what I expect from US which Is why I only fly them once a year; if that.

-Rob

12. lusfort

lusfort Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. Nothing like good old first hand experience

I wouldn't fly them if given a choice..

Bad experiences with them so far

13. Black Cloud
    Original Member

Black Cloud Gold Member

Status Points:
    US employees can get Star Gold's "preferred seating" (when available) at the airport. They will be prompted by their system to charge for the seat, but they can issue the boarding pass and not collect the fee. Some agents don't know this. I've found that in the clubs they are more likely to circumvent the rules.

In addition, once the flight goes over to gate control, anyone can be issued a "preferred" seat at no charge (and no prompt) by the GA.

The best way to get a "better" seat on US is to not select a seat during booking. Also, don't use web check-in. I've found the kiosks are more forgiving than web check-in for things like exit-row seats at no charge. From there, politely ask if you don't get the seat you want.

This also works on UA and E+ for non-preferred folks. Hold out on selecting a seat as long as possible and force them to give you E+ for free. There's a lot of risk to this method but if you pay attention and it looks like you might get an IDB (and you don't want one) just use your phone to check-in again and grab a seat. Even if it's a bad one.