500 mile minimum on UA/CO flights?

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by DeacFlyer1, Apr 17, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. DeacFlyer1
    Original Member

DeacFlyer1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I know I should know this, but as a US preferred, will I still get a minimum of 500 miles per segment if I fly a short segment on either United or Continental? I'm looking at a ticket that would go CLT-IAD-ABE, which is 322 and 159 miles respectively, and just trying to figure out if I'd get 481 miles or 1000 miles for the trip (because I may not book it if it's the former!).

Thanks for the help!

2. dc_traveler
    Original Member

dc_traveler Silver Member

Status Points:
    I know this doesn't directly answer your question, but as a United Premier, I receive only the actual mileage when I fly on US Airways using my United MP number. (So when I flew BOS-DCA last weekend I received only 399 flight miles.) My guess is that it works the same way for US elites who fly United but others will probably know for sure.

3. ArizonaGuy
    Original Member

ArizonaGuy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Interesting - it used to explicitly state this either on the "All About Preferred" or the specific preferred level pages. Or maybe it was in the membership guide at some point. I no longer see reference to the 500 mile minimum, only the fact that preferred bonuses (25% to 100%) apply to UA, CO and LH as well as US/USX.

If my UA flights from earlier this year are an indicator you will still get 500 mile minimum on UA/CO segments as a US preferred. But not any others - definitely got actual miles flown on some short TK, TP and JK segments over the past couple of years. Woohoo - 330 miles here, 210 miles there, 135 miles on another. Adds up not so fast. :)

4. DeacFlyer1
    Original Member

DeacFlyer1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the replies so far--does anyone know definitively though?

5. jerseychris1
    Original Member

jerseychris1 Active Member

Status Points:
    Per the DM program guide "Preferred members will earn a minimum of 500 miles on all segments."
    http://www.usairways.com/en-US/dividendmiles/programdetails/memberguide.html

Purely anecdotal: I've gottten 500 miles on all the IAD-PHL segments I've flown on UA this year which would have been 135 miles otherwise.

6. DeacFlyer1
    Original Member

DeacFlyer1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. I had seen that, but I was not reading closely and I guess I assumed that meant just for US flights, but upon closer reading, it doesn't say that...it just says "all flights." Plus, all the anecdotal evidence seems to agree with 500 mile minimums as well...thanks!

7. rookieflyer

rookieflyer Active Member

Status Points:
    You will get 500 miles for any UA/CO flights:) Happy travels