500 Free Priority Club Points

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by sma_15, Aug 17, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. sma_15

sma_15 Silver Member

Status Points:
    jmrich1432 and WideOpenSpaces like this.
  2. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good deal... does anybody know what constitutes an " an eligible Visa card" ? :)

3. sma_15

sma_15 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Anything that isn't prepaid... from the T&C: Prepaid cards, including Visa Buxx, Visa Gift cards, Visa Healthcare cards, Visa Incentive cards, and Visa TravelMoney, are not eligible for enrollment at this time.

4. Rob
    Original Member

Rob Gold Member

Status Points:
    From the T&C, points should post 4-6 weeks after enrollment.

5. sma_15

sma_15 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is that bad?

6. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good to know, thanks... I was wondering if this was similar to the previous Hilton offer that was targeted to Visa signature. I guess the only catch is that you'll get some spam from them. :)

7. sma_15

sma_15 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well yes... but after you get the points you can always unenrol your phone number from it.

8. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm not seeing mention of the 500 points.:confused:

EDIT Found it here:

Program Terms and Conditions:
    To participate in Priority Club Rewards On the Go and receive 500 Priority Club points you must: (i) be a Priority Club® Rewards member; (ii) enroll in advance in Priority Club Rewards On the Go using an eligible Visa card; and (iii) include your valid Priority Club Rewards member number during your enrollment in Priority Club Rewards On the Go. Bonus Priority Club points will be deposited to the enrolled member's Priority Club Rewards account within 4 - 6 weeks after successful enrollment in Priority Club Rewards On the Go. Limit one (1) set of 500 Bonus Points per Priority Club Rewards member. Offer expires 10.15.11 and enrollment in Priority Club Rewards On the Go must be completed by 11:59 PM PT on 10.15.11. Void where prohibited. Miles earners will receive Priority Club points for this promotion.

9. Rob
    Original Member

Rob Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's not bad, it's just a lot of times people will post to threads "I registered, but haven't received my points yet, when will they show up?" so I figured I would preempt the question :)

10. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    Some of the T&Cs:

By participating in Priority Club Rewards On the Go and clicking "I AGREE", you are opting-in to receive marketing messages and other communications via SMS to your enrolled mobile device, but can opt-out of such messages at any time by either: (a) sending a text message with the words "OFFERS STOP" to Priority Club Rewards On the Go 868-472 or "OFFERS STOP" to any text message you may receive from Priority Club Rewards On the Go; or (b) visiting Priority Club Rewards On the Go http://rtm.visa.com/priorityclub/expressenroll/unsubscribe and unsubscribing your enrolled mobile number. For customer service or support in connection with Priority Club Rewards On the Go, send a text message containing "HELP" to Priority Club Rewards On the Go 868-472 from your enrolled mobile device. Message and data rates may apply. See your wireless provider for pricing plan details. To view the most recent version of the complete Priority Club Rewards On the Go Terms and Conditions, visit Priority Club Rewards On the Go

By agreeing to the Terms and Conditions I understand and agree that my Visa card's transaction history (which may include my flight itinerary information purchased with my Visa card) with IHG brands and other merchants may be used to provide me with offers and messages based on my purchase behavior, and I agree to the broader terms and conditions of participation in the Priority Club Rewards On the Go program. I acknowledge my name and email address and mobile number will also be collected by IHG and subject to IHG's privacy policy (see IHG's website).​

11. noname2
    Original Member

noname2 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not real interested in providing a Visa to enroll to receive spam. A little more than questionable.

HaveMilesWillTravel and SC Flier like this.
  12. kellio
    Original Member

kellio Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, not real interested in 500 points only to get spammed. And really? They can crawl through my transaction history?

travlr likes this.
  13. WideOpenSpaces

WideOpenSpaces Silver Member

Status Points:
    The program is being run through Visa, so providing Visa with my card number to tailor the text messages to my spending habits should not be a problem. They already can do that via other means. In addition, we all have a card sitting in the drawer that we signed up for the bonus and never used. Thanks OP.

14. travlr

travlr Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not a fan of signing up for points only to get cell spam and then have to ... pay for it even though it's just a few cents.

15. sunspotzsz
    Original Member

sunspotzsz Silver Member

Status Points:
    How do they deliver? Text message?

Can I use google voice number?

16. erthcrclr

erthcrclr Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thank you SC Flier for bringing attention to this important clause.

17. Rob
    Original Member

Rob Gold Member

Status Points:
    I tried to use my google voice number and the verification text messages never got delivered, so I switched to my actual mobile number.

sunspotzsz likes this.
  18. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    I can't say that it's a bad clause. I just thought it interesting that they include it. IIUC, they are not saying that they would be giving any of your Visa transaction information to IHG. Instead, Visa is saying that Visa will use your transaction history to tailor the offers to you.

That might be fine unless you have some past purchase history that you would absolutely not want used for this marketing method.

al613 likes this.
  19. sunspotzsz
    Original Member

sunspotzsz Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks a lot, in that case it is not worth it for me.

20. bez7
    Original Member

bez7 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sign up then cancel. Once your enrollment is confirmed you can cancel, there's no term of length to get the points. At worst you're out two text messages. You can cancel via text or web.

21. WideOpenSpaces

WideOpenSpaces Silver Member

Status Points:
    Exactly 24 hrs after signing up I received a text message about qualifying and earning 500 points within 4-6 weeks.