50% Transfer Bonus to British Airways Until May 31, 2012

Discussion in 'American Express | Membership Rewards' started by The Points Guy, Mar 15, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. The Points Guy
    Original Member

The Points Guy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Amex just announced a 50% transfer bonus to Avios until May 31, 2012. This can be an amazing deal for certain redemptions (short haul, within the Americas, mid-haul, etc).

I did a write up on my blog with screenshots of some of my favorite redemptions.

I like how long this promo runs- no need to rush and transfer. Hopefully this forces Chase to step it up and start offering some bonuses!

2. tondoleo
    Original Member

tondoleo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thank you for mentioning this. It is a wonderful deal.

LETTERBOY and TAHKUCT like this.
  3. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for sharing. Great offer!

LETTERBOY likes this.
  4. ducster
    Original Member

ducster Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for sharing, and thanks for the sample redemptions. It makes it easier to weed through the possibilities.

LETTERBOY likes this.
  5. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    And for folks looking to figure out how many Avios varous routes cost, it is a bit easier here: http://wandr.me/AviosCalc. :cool:

6. tondoleo
    Original Member

tondoleo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for doing this.

Wandering Aramean likes this.
  7. perryplatypus

perryplatypus Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ofcourse they bump it up to 50 precent bonus after I transferred at 30 precent a couple months ago :( But I'm not complaining I have enough Avios for 2RT 1st class tickets on AA to Canun. Really hard to beat the short distance deals with the Avios

PointsCashMiles likes this.
  8. ducster
    Original Member

ducster Gold Member

Status Points:
    I held off on the 30 percent because I didn't have enough points to transfer, and I didn't want to borrow points, like I did last year. Glad I didn't! Some of the redemptions like west coast to Hawaii for 25K are outstanding. I'm thinking that I'll use *A when I want to cash for Europe (to avoid the fuel surcharges), and BA for shorter-haul routes.

9. BAFlyer2012

BAFlyer2012 Member

Status Points:
    Any idea if this promotion is just in the US? I can't find it on the UK Membership rewards site which seems unfair!

10. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Probably is. They definitely have different deals for different regional cards.

11. FlyingFree
    Original Member

FlyingFree Gold Member

Status Points:
    May 31 is rapidly approaching, and I'm thinking of transferring all of my AMEX points to take advantage of this bonus...yes, Avois can't be beat for short-haul flying, but also because BA/oneworld is my 'backup' program (if I can't find anything or find just the inbound or outbound on *A) and a healthy stash of Avios will come in handy. Yes, the extra charges on BA suck, but for me at least, expanding my options for premium class international award travel trumps everything else...and the 50% bonus takes some of the sting out of the aditional cost.

flyer_o likes this.
  12. ekolai

ekolai Active Member

Status Points:
    BA is awesome for intra-Asia redemptions. HKG-TPE is only 9000 miles and like 89usd round trip. This is where I'm going to use it.