50% off Buy Miles until 1/31/2012 - up to 50K miles - TARGETED

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by daemon14, Jan 16, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. daemon14

daemon14 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Check your inboxes, I just got this email (on account of buying and sharing miles during the Grand Slam last year).

Looks like it comes out to about $18.80 per 1,000 miles bought (give or take a few cents here and there).

2. misterbwong

misterbwong Silver Member

Status Points:
    I got it too. Tempted to buy but it comes out to 1.75c per mile, not included taxes, etc.

I wish the price would go down to where it once was, but I'm not holding my breath. What does everyone think?

3. daemon14

daemon14 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was able to get 20,000 miles last year for about $295 (under 1.5cpm), which also acted as a Grand Slam hit (netting me an additional 2777 miles if you average out 100K bonus miles over 36 hits). I don't think I will want to spend about $940 for 50K miles with this promotion, since the price has gone up since.

If you have to top off an award, this might be a good deal for the time being.

misterbwong and tondoleo like this.
  4. misterbwong

misterbwong Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wow. Didn't know they were running the 100% and GS at the same time. I'll probably wait on this since I won't have a need for these miles until next yr sometime.

5. daemon14

daemon14 Gold Member

Status Points:
    It was a very short overlap. IIRC, the GS started 9/14 and the 100% bonus ended 9/15. So only two days on which to double-dip.

6. AZgrandad

AZgrandad Active Member

Status Points:
    I received the same email offer because I did buy some miles last year but when I clicked on the link to buy some I received a pop-up notice that I was not eligible. Can't understand why they sent me the offer if I'm not eligible?? Anyone else have this happen or any suggestions how to get it fixed?

7. TheMadSupra

TheMadSupra Member

Status Points:
    I came on to put this up, but figured it was already up. Everyone's on top of things here! ha

Doesn't seem like a horrible price to top off with. A business class ticket comes to $1575 plus taxes..so probably close to $1700? That's not HORRIBLE, and is most likely at least half what it would cost to fly business to Asia/EU in peak season..heck even low season ha.