50 Minute Connection - ROM

Discussion in 'Airports' started by joediver, Nov 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. joediver
    Original Member

joediver Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is a 50 minute connections time enough in ROM? I may be connecting LH-TG there and I wouldn't hesitate in FRA or MUC but I've never connected in ROM before. Anyone "been there-done that"?

2. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I assume you are referring to FCO? If thats the case, you should be ok if everything is on time. We were just there a couple of weeks ago and airport seems pretty manageable. Have you looked at a history of these flights to see what kind of trends they have? You can look that info up on flightaware.com.

3. joediver
    Original Member

joediver Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks 744. I was just looking on flightaware.com and the LH flight seems to have a pretty good track record for being on time. They both are in Terminal 3 so there won't be any long treks.

Lufthansa Flyer likes this.
  4. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    So I assume you're looking at an award BKK-FCO on TG, availability for that route is pretty good. Of course a 50 minute connection doesn't leave you much room for delays. What happens if you misconnect? What are your onward plans beyond Germany? Minimum connection time is 45 minutes, and that's not unrealistic, I'd rather connect international-international in FCO that FRA (though I'd prefer MUC over both). Bottom-line is if your TG flight is on time you should be ok.

Lufthansa Flyer likes this.
  5. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Definitely MUC if you have a choice of where to connect on this trip!!

6. FlyIce

FlyIce Silver Member

Status Points:
    In the direction Schenghen-non Schenghen is fine, the other way around is too short.
    Your luggage is at risk of not making the connection.

Have you already flown this itinerary ?