50% bonus for converting your hotel points to U.S. Airways miles

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by Gary Steiger, Mar 11, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Gary Steiger
    Original Member

Gary Steiger Silver Member

Status Points:
    50% bonus for converting your hotel points to U.S. Airways miles March 11 – March 31, 2012. Most hotel chains are listed. This is a particularly good offer for conversion of Starwood points to Star Alliance member U.S. Airways miles - every 20,000 points will convert to 37,500 miles. Caution: Dividend Miles members will earn only one bonus when they transfer hotel points into Dividend Miles during the promotion.

Len Williams, upgrade, K F and 7 others like this.
  2. K F

K F Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks Gary, I got this e-mail as well. I'm thinking about combining SPG's nights & flights award with this. This way, 60k SPG points would earn 75k and I would get 5 free nights at a cat 3 hotel(and gets me Gold status with SPG). I don't see why this wouldn't work since the points to miles transfer is the same, but if anyone can confirm that SPG nights and flights have earned promo bonuses in the past, please chime in!

infamousdx likes this.
  3. Extra Pack of Peanuts

Extra Pack of Peanuts Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you're short on SPG points you could always take advantage of the 50% Amex MR bonus right now and transfer your Amex MR points to SPG (usually 3:1 but with the promotion 2:1). Then, you can transfer your SPG points to US Airways using this promotion. When all is said and done, it comes close to be 1:1 Amex MR to US Airways.

I'm considering doing this, and if the nights and flights thing does work with it, then I'm sold!

akcae and upgrade like this.
  4. perryplatypus

perryplatypus Gold Member

Status Points:
    What a great deal. They just need to do this AA miles

wrxmom likes this.
  5. akcae
    Original Member

akcae Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm considering this as well -- got a little over 20K SPG points but don't use them much. We mostly stay with friends/family so hotel points aren't as important to us as miles. I may shift over 40K MR points for another 20K SPG. That would give me 40K SPG points --> 50K US DMs + 50% bonus should give me 75K DM miles on top of the 100K+ already have. Then I can plan my summer/fall trip to Europe. :)

miles and smiles and Kalboz like this.
  6. infamousdx

infamousdx Silver Member

Status Points:
    This makes sense and is such a great idea! Now to find out where I can park myself for 5 nights at cat 3 or 4.

7. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    My bonus miles just posted. :)

8. DeltaFlyer

DeltaFlyer Active Member

Status Points:
    My bonus miles posted 4-17 as well!

9. arkleseizure
    Original Member

arkleseizure Silver Member

Status Points:
    Mine posted yesterday...thanks for the heads up on this deal!

10. akcae
    Original Member

akcae Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yup, same here -- seems like they finally ran that batch. :)

Thanks to the MC bonus, Grand Slam and this, I have enough for 3 tix to EU for the family visit! And I've been on one singular US flight in the past, oh, five years? :D

viguera likes this.