50% (250/500) Diamond Point bonus if Diamond Amenity Does Not Automatically Post

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by Kaanapali, Nov 1, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Kaanapali
    Original Member

Kaanapali Gold Member

Status Points:
    As reported elsewhere (FT) and just verified via Gold Concierge, if you are staying at (for example) a Hyatt Place or Summerfield Suites and your Diamond point amenity (normally 500 points) does not post automatically, you shall receive an extra 50% (250 points) as a bonus for having to call in and having HGP post the amenity manually.

Similarly, if your stay is at a Hyatt or Grand Regency etc, and the 1000 point Diamond Amenity does not automatically post, you should receive an extra 50% (500 point) bonus for having to call in for the manual point adjustment to your account.

tigerwong, Chimpy, Kalboz and 3 others like this.
  2. mommypoints

mommypoints Gold Member

Status Points:
    That explains why I got 1,500 last time. Good to know!

Kalboz and Kaanapali like this.
  3. Kaanapali
    Original Member

Kaanapali Gold Member

Status Points:
    HGP explained that they want the hotels to correctly note the bonus code (normally 1W) so that it posts automatically. As I am sure you and many other Diamonds know, we frequently have to call HGP to have them manually add the 1W/Diamond amenity code/points to our accounts.

Chimpy, Kalboz and kenbo like this.
  4. mommypoints

mommypoints Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have never had it automatically post - granted I haven't been Diamond very long, so auto posting would be great, but a 50% bonus just for sending an email isn't bad either!

Kalboz, kenbo and Kaanapali like this.
  5. Kaanapali
    Original Member

Kaanapali Gold Member

Status Points:
    +2! It is not quite the G bonus, but it is appreciated :)

Chimpy, Kalboz and kenbo like this.
  6. kenbo
    Original Member

kenbo Silver Member

Status Points:
    I like this new feature. I wonder when it started because I just had a Hotel Sierra stay post about 5 days ago without the amenity. I requested my PL rep to post the points but no bonus.

It also makes me wonder how long this will last. Eventually hotels will start falling in line and posting things correctly. In the end, if most properties fall in line, well that's what we've always wanted.

Kalboz and Kaanapali like this.
  7. FriendlySkies
    Original Member

FriendlySkies Gold Member

Status Points:
    Interesting bonus.. My bonus points post properly about 98% of the time, so I haven't had to call in and have my PL agent post them.. I did have an issue with the 2500 not posting for a closed RC in January, but that was fixed.

Kalboz likes this.
  8. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    And surprise, surprise... last weekend's HP stay posted correctly. Guess I shouldn't have checked in with the kiosk :-(

Do I get double extra bonus if, as is the case for a previous stay, the bonus didn't post even after contacting them once and thus requiring a second email?

Kaanapali and FriendlySkies like this.
  9. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    And the answer is ... nope. Just 500 points, no bonus for the forgotten amenity and no extra bonus for the forgotten correction of the missing bonus.

10. Kaanapali
    Original Member

Kaanapali Gold Member

Status Points:
    That will teach you :p
    More seriously, I do wonder if this will (temporarily) change people's use of kiosks in the hope that the check-in agent will forget to mark the bonus code.....

11. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    My main reason for using the Kiosk was that I thought I could enter my US Airways number and save myself and Hyatt the hassle of having to have it switched later. Alas, no... there no longer seems to be such a feature to be found.

Kaanapali likes this.
  12. J Zidell VP Hyatt

J Zidell VP Hyatt Official Representative

Status Points:
    I just wanted to quickly chime in here.

We realize that our success rate at automatically posting the points for the Diamond Welcome Amenity has been less than perfect, and I was very passionate about correcting this.

Obviously, our goal is to post 100% of these points automatically; however, if we fail to do so, then you will now receive a 50% bonus for all Diamond Welcome Amenity points that are manually posted by a Customer Service Representative.

This means that you will receive a total of 750 points (500 plus a 250 bonus) at Hyatt Place, Hyatt Summerfield Suites and Hotel Sierra and a total of 1,500 points (1,000 plus a 500 bonus) at all other Hyatt brands for all manually posted Welcome Amenity points through all channels of communication with Customer Service. The policy is only applicable to hotels in the US, Canada and the Caribbean, as we only offer a points amenity option in those regions.

We hope you appreciate this change, and please keep the ideas and suggestions coming.

Safe travels,

Jeff

OceanBreezes, Chimpy, tin509 and 8 others like this.
  13. Kaanapali
    Original Member

Kaanapali Gold Member

Status Points:
    Jeff - Thanks for taking the time to post and confirm the 50% bonus for Diamond Amenity points that need to be manually posted. :)

Chimpy and Kalboz like this.
  14. kenbo
    Original Member

kenbo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thank you for the confirmation, Jeff!

Is there any chance you could you also provide us with the date that this change was implemented? I'm sure there will be some questions about how far back we can go with some of our requests.

15. kw335
    Original Member

kw335 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is this something that we need to solicit on? I hate to have say something like ... "hey, by the way, since the points didn't post i think you owe me 500 extra points!"

Kalboz, HaveMilesWillTravel and kenbo like this.
  16. Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge
    Original Member

Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge Official Representative

Status Points:
    Dear MilePoint Members,

On November 2nd we noted a clarification that we are making adjustments for check outs October 14th and beyond, we apologize for the miscommunication adjustments will be done for check outs October 17th and beyond. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Safe Travel,

Brock S.

Kalboz, FriendlySkies and kenbo like this.
  17. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Looks like some HP are very eager to avoid the 250 point penalty -- I just had a Diamond bonus post, but the actual stay hasn't posted yet :) (yes, it was a revenue stay, AAA rate, so there should be no debate over this qualifying).

18. Brit
    Original Member

Brit Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is nice. I just had a stay at the Hyatt Regency Princeton last night, and despite asking the desk clerk 3 times at check in whether she had noted taht I wanted the points not the amenity, I noticed on my folio that the 1W code was missing. I shall be calling for my adjutment once the stay has posted.

The HR Princeton is pretty bad at acknowledging Diamonds. I've stayed there several times this year, and have yet to be (a) acknowledged as a Diamond (b) offered a room upgrade (c) given a breakfast coupon or (d) offered amenity or points. Each time I check in even though I tell them I'm a Diamond I have to ask for the benefits as they just don't offer them to me without me asking.
    Tsk! Tsk!

19. peteropny
    Original Member

peteropny Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Let's hope that they don't post the 1W but not the stay itself!!!

20. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I think I confused myself. The bonus-without-stay was a missing 1W bonus from an earlier stay that they posted on a separate line with the exact date of my next stay. (and I didn't get the make-up bonus)

21. theBOAT
    Original Member

theBOAT Silver Member

Status Points:
    Had to call for a stay at the Hyatt Lost Pines - 1,500 points posted the next day. Agent actually never mentioned the penalty bonus, so it looks like it's working well.

theBOAT

22. tin509

tin509 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Kool! both of my wkend HP stays in ATL failed to automatically credit my amenity points. I called GP customer service and they just added my 750 points for each property..thank ya very much. Now I'm crossing my fingers that front desk will forget. Hey every lil bit helps..

mowogo likes this.
  23. mowogo
    Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wonder which ones they are so I can use them for my mattress run for diamond ;)

FriendlySkies likes this.
  24. tin509

tin509 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Mowogo, I stayed at the HP Windward Pkwy and the Duluth location..(less than $60 ea property)

25. mowogo
    Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, I know both of them all too well (Duluth is 10 min from the house, and I've done Windward quite a few times because it is so cheap)