50,000 mile offer for $2,500 spend in 3 months

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by garyst16, Jun 29, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    While not as good as the previous 100,000 mile offer, another 50,000 that can be used for flights on AA or other partners without the ridiculous BA fuel surcharge is always a plus. I have applied and received the Chase BA MasterCard Visa(100,000) and the Citi AA Visa MasterCard (60,000 through many calls to CS) both within the last two months. I am contemplating applying for this one as well, but don't know if I want to take the hit on my credit score. The offer looks pretty good, and with the 1.25 miles/dollar, and no foreign transaction fees, it seems to be better then most out there.

The application link can be found on the BA Executive Club page after you log in to your account.

Any thoughts?

British Airways Visa Signature® Card
    With the British Airways Visa Signature® card1 from Chase, you will have more opportunities toearn bonus BA Miles than ever before.

50,000 bonus BA Miles = 1 transatlantic or 2 domestic reward flights2
    Earn 25,000 bonus BA Miles after your first purchase3 plus an additional 25,000 bonus BA Miles when you spend $2,500 in the first 90 days.4

2.5 BA Miles for every dollar spent on British Airways purchases5
    Enjoy the finest service while receiving our highest level of BA Miles.

1.25 BA Miles for every dollar spent5
    Earn BA Miles on everyday purchases, anywhere in the world.

Pay no foreign transaction fees when you travel abroad6
    Think how much you’ll save. Plus, the British Airways Visa Signature Card is accepted at millions of places worldwide, making it the brilliant choice for international travel.

The BA Miles Travel Together Ticket
    Every calendar year you spend $30,000 on your British Airways Visa Signature card, you will earn a Travel Together Ticket good for two years.(7) For more details, visit ba.com/traveltogetherticket.

$50 off when booked online8
    Receive a $50 discount on all British Airways round-trip transatlantic fares when you book using your British Airways Visa Card at ba.com/get50.

Pricing and terms

1. You will first be considered for a Visa Signature card. If you do not qualify for that product, you will automatically be considered for a Visa Platinum card, which has different fees, benefits, and credit availability. For pricing details, please see Pricing & Terms. For benefits details, please read your credit card benefits materials which will be mailed after your account is established.

2. 50,000 bonus BA Miles can be redeemed for 1 transatlantic reward flight in World Traveller, economy class from the USA to Europe Zone 1, or choose to redeem for another qualifying flight. Europe Zone 1 includes the United Kingdom, Belgium, France, Germany, Ireland, Luxembourg, Netherlands and Switzerland. All reward flights are subject to taxes, fees, charges and surcharges, including airline surcharges. Please visit ba.com/execclub for full redemption award listings and terms and conditions of the programme.

3. You will receive 25,000 bonus BA Miles with this bonus offer, which can be redeemed for 1 domestic reward flight on oneworld® alliance partner airlines including American Airlines® and Alaskan Airlines. All reward flights are subject to taxes, fees, charges and surcharges, including airline surcharges. You will qualify for and receive your bonus after your first purchase/first use of the card. First purchase/first use includes purchases, balance transfers, or any checks that are used to access your account, and excludes cash advances. After qualifying, please allow 6 to 8 weeks for bonus BA Miles to post to your account. This one-time bonus offer is valid only for first-time cardmembers with new accounts. Previous and existing cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer.

4. You will receive 25,000 bonus BA Miles with this bonus offer, which can be redeemed for 1 domestic reward flight on oneworld® alliance partner airlines including American Airlines® and Alaskan Airlines. All reward flights are subject to taxes, fees, charges and surcharges, including airline surcharges. To qualify and receive your bonus, you must make qualifying transactions totaling $2,500 or more during the first 3 months from account opening. Qualifying transactions include purchases, balance transfers, and any checks that are used to access your account, and exclude cash advances. After qualifying, please allow 6 to 8 weeks for bonus BA Miles to post to your account. To be eligible for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. This one-time bonus offer is valid only for first-time cardmembers with new accounts. Previous and existing cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer.

5. You will earn 2.5 BA Miles for each $1 of British Airways net purchases and 1.25 BA Miles for each $1 of all other net purchases. You do not earn BA Miles on balance transfers, cash advances, cash-like charges such as travelers checks, foreign currency, and money orders, any checks that are used to access your account, overdraft advances, interest, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, or fees of any kind, including fees for products that protect or insure the balances of your account. There is no maximum number of BA Miles that you can accumulate in the program. See Rewards Program Rules and Regulations which will be mailed after your account is established.

6. Please see Pricing and terms for complete details about rates, fees, and other costs.

7. Subject to availability. Taxes, fees, charges and surcharges, including airline surcharges apply. British Airways Executive Club terms and conditions apply. Cardmember must spend $30,000 in a single calendar year on their British Airways Visa Card to receive a Redemption Voucher for a companion ticket. Cardmember is eligible for only one Voucher each calendar year. Cardmember will receive the Voucher 4-6 weeks after the billing cycle when the Cardmember reaches $30,000 in purchases, and will not be eligible for another Voucher until the next calendar year. Voucher is valid for a companion ticket in conjunction with Cardmember’s reward flight on BA taken within 2 years from the date of issue. All Redemption Vouchers will be issued in the name of the main Cardmember who must travel on any booking where the Voucher is used. Redemption Voucher(s) cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion and is only valid if it has been acquired in accordance with the rules of this promotion. Redemption Vouchers are not extendable, transferable and have no cash or mileage value. Companion must travel with the Cardmember on both the outbound and inbound journey and be booked at the same time for both directions. Redemption Flights and Redemption Vouchers may only be used for flights on British Airways mainline service, which have a BA prefixed flight number. Travel on franchise, codeshare or alliance airlines is not permitted. All travel must originate in and return to the US. Additional restrictions apply. Please visit ba.com/Redeemfor1Travelfor2.

8. $50 off British Airways tickets is valid for booking through December 31, 2011 for purchases made at ba.com/get50 only. Valid for travel through December 31, 2012.
    Mileage summary

You must be a member of the British Airways Executive Club programme. If you are not already a member, you will be enrolled automatically if you are approved for the British Airways Visa. BA Miles accumulated through the British Airways Visa card will be transferred to your Executive Club account; however, BA Miles reported on your monthly statement from Chase may not post into your Executive Club account if you change your Executive Club address to one outside of the US. BA Miles earned with the British Airways Visa card will not be credited toward Executive Club tier level progression or retention. For rules and regulations of the Executive Club, please visit www.BA.com. Redemption of BA Miles for travel is solely the responsibility of British Airways. British Airways, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Brussels Airlines, Cathay Pacific, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines, LAN, Malev, Qantas and Royal Jordanian are trademarks of their respective companies.

2. LAXtraveler
    Original Member

LAXtraveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    Isn't the Chase 100,000 already a Visa Signature? Are you sure they would allow you to double-dip in this card?

Before taking the dive and applying, make sure you know the answers because its not worth the credit pull if you know you're gonna be denied anyway.

Otherwise... Go get 'em!

garyst16 likes this.
  3. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    LAXtraveler - Yes, you are correct and I have edited the original post - thanks!

Since this appears to be targeted to the BA Executive Club member that logs in, I assumed (probably wrongly) that they were making the offer based on information used to qualify the target? I will most likely be passing on this as I don't need the hit on my credit score and am sitting on 105,000 BA miles, 625,000 AA miles, 100,000 Amex Rewards, 35,000 Marriott points and 40,000 Hyatt points...ok, so I am greedy!

LAXtraveler likes this.
  4. LAXtraveler
    Original Member

LAXtraveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    We're all a little greedy when it comes to these things, just not worth the credit hit if we know we're gonna be denied anyway

garyst16 likes this.
  5. dhammer53
    Original Member

dhammer53 Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's all. :p :D

6. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wow, that was harsh...:eek:

7. So which credit card will give me more bang for my buck in your opinion. My husband and i have had the credit cards for 10 plus years. Thanks!

8. dhammer53
    Original Member

dhammer53 Gold Member

Status Points:
  9. LAXtraveler
    Original Member

LAXtraveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    Mine has also been SPG Amex for the last number of years, but I recently picked up the Plat with 100k offer and I think I am going to switch over for a bit. The MR transfer bonuses are just too lucrative to give up in addition to all the other nice benefits the card offers.

10. dhammer53
    Original Member

dhammer53 Gold Member

Status Points:
    For clarity, this is an Amex Platinum card right?

11. LAXtraveler
    Original Member

LAXtraveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes. Sorry for the mixup