5 worst kids’ meals

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Dining' started by sobore, Jul 15, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/06/24/high-calorie-family-vacation-5-worst-kids-meals/

For plenty of parents, one definition of “family vacation” means relaxing the rules of mealtime: no cooking for mom and dad, and a few more treats, chicken nuggets, and child’s-meal toys for the kids.

If you feel guilty indulging your kids’ culinary druthers while on a family road trip, you have some reason to feel better. In the past few years, plenty of chain restaurants have made efforts to make kids' meals leaner and fresher, adding more fruit, veggies and non-fried options.

A recent study, however, indicates that those kids’ meals still have a long way to go. The Center for Science in the Public Interest, with help from the University of North Carolina at Asheville, analyzed kids’ meals from 41 top chains, and found that the typical combo packs too much heft in terms of calories, salt and fat—sometimes even by adult standards. According to federal guidelines, the typical child between the ages of 4 and 13 needs 1,200 to 1,800 calories for the entire day. (Grown-ups need 1,600 to 2,400.)

Read More: http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/06/24/high-calorie-family-vacation-5-worst-kids-meals/

uggboy likes this.
  2. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    actually many grown ups DON'T need 1600 calories a day!

3. RachaelMurphy

RachaelMurphy New Member

Status Points:
    Kids are very choosey about foods .Every day they want something new to eat .They dislike drinking milk, eating vegetables, oats and fruits.

4. effseeoh

effseeoh Gold Member

Status Points:
    *Some* kids are very choosy about foods. I suspect a lot of it is due to upbringing. I was very choosy, but I think that was because I was forced to eat things that I really hated. Subsequently I refused to ever try anything new. My son however, has never been forced to eat anything, and loves things like broccoli, octopus, sushi and stuff that I never ever dreamt of eating.