5 Tips To Getting Hotel Suite Upgrades For Free

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jan 7, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    The single most important factor in terms of traveling with young children is... space. Be it on the plane, in the hotel, or in the car, more space is better! While Ben apparently forgets to even use the suite upgrades he is granted each year, I often go out of my way to finagle suites which I'm not even entitled to! That's not to say that we absolutely have to have a suite. We can-- and do-- frequently stay in a single hotel room for a night or two, but we know that our kids (3.5 year old son, 2.5 year old daughter) will eventually be in each others' faces (or ours!) if we do this for an extended period of time -- say for a month like on our current Southeast Asian Adventure! On our recent month-long Southeast Asian Adventure, we stayed at six western chain hotels where we had some level of status. We booked a single standard room at each of these six properties, and in no case were we entitled to a suite. Yet 5 of the 6 stays were upgraded to suite. (We also stayed at several independent hotels on this trip. Those results are not included here.) The post 5 Tips To Getting Hotel Suite Upgrades For Free appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...