5 Things You Should Never, Ever Count on While Flying

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by gregm, Apr 20, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    Newscience, blackjack-21 and uggboy like this.
  2. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for posting, gregm! I would agree with all points made in the article, but also would add a final note: although airline personnel may at times lack a sense of humor, it never hurts to be nice to them!

By this, I mean everyone from baggage handlers to the gate personnel to flight attendants to the folks back in the office answering your phone calls. Trust me on this: they can often help you, or offer a useful suggestion to you, for a travel problem/concern. But they may not be under any obligation to do so (other than the obvious), but will often go out of their way to assist you, or offer that suggestion, if you treat them with courtesy and respect.

I can offer many examples of how airline personnel helped me even though they didn't have an obligation to do so, but did anyway. In today's travel industry, you will stand out as an airline customer by treating people well, versus the "DYKWIA" attitude!

WilliamQ, FetePerfection and gregm like this.
  3. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    I agree! I think Mr. Seaney fails to see the good. I, personally, cannot empathize with him. I guess being CEO of FareCompare puts him in a lot go those DYKWIA situations.

WilliamQ and Newscience like this.