+$5 on Sheraton Prepaid for $25 Amazon gift card

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by Liucoke, Dec 11, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Liucoke

Liucoke Silver Member

Status Points:
    Noticed this while booking a mattress run - it looks like for $5 more than the prepaid rate, you can get a $25 Amazon card (as well as a couple cans of coke and a plush bear). It doesn't appear to be available at all Sheratons, but there do seem to be a few where you can get this deal:

Providence, RI
    Chicago, IL
    Burlington, VT

(you can probably Google for more - I just wanted to make sure it wasn't just my local Sheraton)

No limit mentioned on number of times you can stay and get the gift card, so as long as you use Amazon and don't mind floating Starwood a loan for 6-8 weeks, seems like a pretty good way to get $20 off your mattress run, while still earning the points for it.

For those with kids or who just appreciate ursine cola promotion, here's a picture of what the bears look like (the coke can is for sizing):

[​IMG]

2. Liucoke

Liucoke Silver Member

Status Points:
    As an update, just received the Amazon codes for stays on the 27th and 29th... in time for holiday shopping and everything.

flyingdawg likes this.
  3. No such luck here. It is now over six weeks and I have not seen a thing from Amazon. Still waiting to hear back from the hotels regarding how they plan to address the problem.

flyingdawg likes this.
  4. riverchica
    Original Member

riverchica Silver Member

Status Points:
    I booked one of these rates at the Sheraton ABQ Uptown. I received the $25 gift card about 2 weeks following the stay. It was a great deal!

flyingdawg likes this.
  5. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to MP maxpointsjohnny !

6. Liucoke

Liucoke Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just had two codes from december stays come - suspect they're batch processing them.