5 men taken into custody as suspects in 1978 Lufthansa heist, FBI says

Discussion in 'Newsstand' started by Cosmos Human, Jan 23, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Cosmos Human
    Original Member

Cosmos Human Silver Member

Status Points:
    Five men have been taken into custody as suspects in the 1978 Lufthansa heist at New York’s John F. Kennedy airport, an FBI spokeswoman says, according to Reuters.

More than $5 million in cash and $1 million in jewels were netted in the heist, which took place on Dec. 11, 1978 and was made famous in the 1990 film “Goodfellas.”

The arrests were the result of an FBI search last summer at the New York home of James “Jimmy the Gent” Burke, FBI spokeswoman Kelly Langmesser said.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/01/2...-as-suspects-in-178-lufthansa-heist-fbi-says/

WilliamQ and Gargoyle like this.
  2. Scott Weinberg
    Original Member

Scott Weinberg Silver Member

Status Points:
    Finally! Long overdue! I'm so glad they got that guys. They will be punished for what they did to LH in 1978. They will go to prison for rest the life.

3. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    At the time of the robbery, I was 23 days old :)
    Having robbed an equivalent of 20 million dollars in today's cash and value, and getting away for so many years... I am surprised that they are actually caught.
    Not sure if I should congratulate on a job well done or ask what took so long.
    Since the team making the arrests are unlikely the same who started all those years ago, I would say a pat on the back is called for.