5 Great Things About The Long Run

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, May 17, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

When it comes to marathon training, a long run is typically defined as a distance over 16 or 17 miles. Long runs (for marathon training) are normally between a distance of 17-21 miles with some runners going up to 22 miles for their long run (there are those that employ the walk-run technique that will walk-run 26 miles, or more, in training). For someone just starting out in marathon training, the long run is often the most feared workout. It is a long period of time on the feet and it is a workout that you may never really know how it is going to go before you start. After you have been running for a while, the long run can become less feared and even enjoyed. Here are 5 great things about the long run. 5 Great Things About The Long Run Relaxation When I have a long run coming up (and my long runs are becoming longer and more frequent as I begin to hit the serious training... The post 5 Great Things About The Long Run appeared first on Running with Miles.

Continue reading...