4square promo

Discussion in 'American Express | Membership Rewards' started by viguera, Jun 23, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well even if you don't like 4square, you have to not like money to pass on this.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/23/technology/23locate.html?_r=1

And we're not talking coupons or discounts... you get a credit directly applied to your account. It's a trial and the retailers are limited, but the discounts are impressive.

Elusive and sobore like this.
  2. jhflau11
    Original Member

jhflau11 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've signed up. Already collecting my 50 points a day with Topguest. ;)

3. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    While this offer is related to American Express, it's not really related to the Membership Rewards program. What is the best forum for these types of Amex promos?

4. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah sometimes it's hard to figure out where to put stuff... Doesn't really seem to fit the Deals section though.

5. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Great find. I started using foursquare for the priority club top guest scheme...but end up spending $100 in sports authority every month on something that seems critical at the time. This will save me a bunch.

Here is the link to amex's website which lays out what you need to do.

https://sync.americanexpress.com/foursquare/

viguera likes this.
  6. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    It has to do with Amex so should be fine here. Just like questions "which seat is best on a 757" have nothing to do with points.

7. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    Then it might as well be repeated in the SPG and HHonors forums. I think there's a need for some additional forums for cashback and credit card deals that truly match up to the typical shopping patterns of milepoint members. While this may seem to cross over into the realm of www.slickdeals.net, I think that we could recognize some big differences between the boundaries and objectives of each website.

I have no interest in regularly following the Membership Rewards forum. IMO, this should be either the Amex forum or the MR forum -- but not both without clearly distinguishing which threads are specifically about MR.

If a similar offer came up for Visa cardholders, where should it go?

8. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Why? Is there some way to get SPG points or Honors points from using foursquare and Amex.

9. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good point... then how about a consolidated "social media bonus points" type of thing, where stuff like 4square, TopGuest and the like would be discussed? Then forums like this would be specific to the MR program.

But there's no easy answer though... the fact remains that we have had cross-forum threads for a while and we will continue to have them. Something like the twitter promo for United in Denver for example is targeted, so it should go in a Denver-specific regional forum, but also pertains to United, and also to social media.

I for one am glad that I don't have to organize this place. :)

NYBanker and SC Flier like this.
  10. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    Amen! We can just (kindly) tell someone else how we think it ought to be. :D

I do like your idea about Social Media bonuses. I can also imagine a place dedicated to discussions about cashback programs. I recognize that there will always be categorization issues, but I also find that there are some offers that I've come across which don't really have a place to go at all in milepoint other than the Off Topic forum. (On slickdeals.net, I like that you can apply tags to threads and search by tag.)

No, but the same cashback deal applies to SPG Amex and HHonors Amex cardholders. And that's where those cardholders would typically discuss those cards and deals related to their use.

11. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Something about this stuck in my mind and indeed there is a way to earn SPG points via foursquare. You need to link your SPG account to your foursquare account, but at some (maybe all?) SPG hotels, you can get 250 extra SPG points in conjunction with your hotel stay if you check in.

I'll post a link later today.

12. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    SPG launches new social currency platform. Earn bonus Starpoints and more.

(Related to Foursquare, but not related to Amex.)

13. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points: